“Second Great Visit”

Ranked #1,731 of 9,008 Restaurants in Berlin
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Kreuzberg
Reviewed 27 April 2013

Second visit in two years. Will return each year on our annual trip to Berlin from now on. Extremely good value with a menu and level of food quality which can match any excellent veggie restaurant. They don't take plastic, but the prices mean that one usually has enough cash anyway.

Reviewed 21 April 2013

I'm not writing much comments but this vegan place really deserves this title: the food was amazing (I had some rice and an eggplant stuffed with tomatoes, cheese and other ingredients I don't remember sorry! but the thing was gorgeous) for a very reasonable price (something like 13€) and the place itself is simple but nice (we were outside: no noise and the sun was warm)

A perfect lunch for me and my friend! :-)

Reviewed 11 April 2013

Seven of us came on this wonderful vegetarian restaurant at about 10 p.m. while looking for somewhere because the place we had thought of going was full. Great atmosphere, very good food, all of us very happy to have found such a nice place. Would recommend to anyone. Very good value for money as well.

Reviewed 17 August 2012

I’m not vegetarian, but I went here to try something different. The reviews seemed good, and so we went quite late one evening. It was dark and so we sat inside. The café/restaurant is in an old building which retains an original character.
This is typical Berlin to me, find an old building give it a lick of paint, furnish with some old tables, chairs and lamps, and cool people will come! It was busy, though the waiter still took time to explain to me what Seitan was. I have to say the Seitan curry was fantastic! The bruschetta was great too! Great food, great service, cool ambiance, popular with Berliners.
Just one word of caution, the area close by is very dark at night, since the streetlights seem to be hidden amongst tree foliage. We walked from here towards the next U-Bahn (Shlesisches Tor), though next time I would walk back to the Goerlitzer Bahnhof instead, and recommend others to do the same :-)

Reviewed 9 August 2012

This is a perfect little restaurant. It is definitely worth the few extra steps from the main roads. It is really cosy and makes you feel at home. We tried about five different dishes, all delicious! Don't worry if you are not a vegetarian, it is very likely you will love Café V anyway.

1  Thank Talvi