“Don't miss The Bird”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar Scene, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Prenzlauer Berg
Description: The Bird is a New York style bar and steakhouse, serving undoubtedly Berlin's best steaks and burgers as well as some other stuff.Sauces, dressings, everything is made fresh daily from scratch.
Reviewed 13 August 2014

Visited on Saturday afternoon, busy place, ordered a Baby Bird because the portions are huge. ABSOLUTELY DELICIOUS. Never tasted food this good. Staff were really friendly. Best burger I've ever had. Don't miss it.

1  Thank Barbara O
Write a ReviewReviews (1,839)

Reviewed 12 August 2014

I visited "The Bird" together with a friend in August 2014.
When we arrived it was very crowded - it seems to be a highly frequented place! Nevertheless, the waitress mentioned seats at the bar and this is where we sat in the end.
The bar is obviously famous for its Burgers. My friend took one and he was not disappointed - also not by the home-cut fries that came along! I ordered a steak (medium - but I don't remember which cut) and it was prepared perfectly. The taste was also very good. It came together with spinach and home-cut fries as well.
As far as I understood, the meat for the Burgers is German beef, whereas the steaks come from the United States.
We had beers there as well. My friend took a Brooklyn Pale Ale, I went for some German wheat-beer. They have a lot of different beers from the US and Germany, thus it is easy to find something for every taste!!
All in all a very good dining experience! The atmosphere was just nice and the service was relaxed but friendly.
I can highly recommend visiting "The Bird" if you want something to eat, but also if you just want to have a beer! You might want to reserve a table as my friend and me were lucky to get a seat without waiting.

Reviewed 12 August 2014

We love this place! Food is fantastic - this was our second visit and still high quality. Teenagers enjoyed informal vibe and decor.

Reviewed 11 August 2014

Well, not much else to say, but if you love burgers, this is the place for you!!!
The burger was awesome, and served in an awesome way, and the best I ever tasted.
The fries were awesome, and the best I ever had.
Vegetables that came along were also excellent...

Also the menu is really really really funny! and the vibe in the restaurant is great.
We didn't wait too long for the food and service was awesome.

5/5.

2  Thank Gil P
Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

The hamburger was great!
One of the best burgers I have ever eaten.
If you are around and want a great burger - this is the place!