“Nice Tapas, Lovely Atmosphere”
Review of Mar y Sol

Mar y Sol
Ranked #1,142 of 8,504 Restaurants in Berlin
Cuisines: Spanish
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Child-friendly
Neighbourhood: Charlottenburg
Tel Aviv, Israel
“Nice Tapas, Lovely Atmosphere”
Reviewed 3 June 2014

Stopped here on our way back to the hotel, not feeling hungry enough for a full meal but still having some slight hunger pangs. The tapas were a great choice, then.

I've had the fried anchovies, which were somewhat of a let down, and the deviled lamb, which was nice.

The complimentary breads we've had for a starter weren't too bad, and the garlic sauce was splendid.

While the interior seemed really nice and old fashioned, it's the exterior that really shone- a nice leafy covering with fountains in the center.

Overall, nothing to go crazy for, yet fun nonetheless.

Visited May 2014

• Greek first
  • Polish first
London, United Kingdom
“Have a Drink. Skip the Food.”
Reviewed 25 May 2014

Very pleasant outdoor area. Inside looked nice too when I took a quick peek. Server was charming. The red wine (rioja) I had by the glass was very good. I ordered three things (potatoes, pulpitos and a beef dish) and they were all quite ordinary. Not terribly filling either. I have become accustomed to ordinary "Spanish" restaurants in Europe and this was far from the worst, but that is pretty faint praise, isn't it? One glass of wine, nothing, else, 27 Euro. I'm not sure what a couple other reviews mean by "good value for money". That's too much for what I got, even if the quality of the food would have been better.

So…nice place for a drink or two. I may go back for just that, but I won't be eating there again.

• Visited May 2014
4 Thank John S
“Great spanish place!”
Reviewed 25 April 2014

Prebook, cause this is a popular place to eat. Excellent tapas, lots on the plate, and good value for money. We have been back several times with friends.

Visited January 2014
Kobe, Japan
“Busy place , very good tapas”
Reviewed 20 April 2014 via mobile

Without booking we were lucky to get a table after approx. 15 minutes. We opted for the shared tapas platter. For approx 40 euro for two,we had a nice variation of tapas . The place is busy and a bit noisy but the food is great. Definitely would recommend it

Visited April 2014
“Avoid if busy evening”
Reviewed 19 April 2014 via mobile

Have visited the restaurant each time i've been in Berlin with my family.
The food is good but obviously the kitchen has very limited capacity. We (4 people) had to wait 1 h 45 min to get the main dish even though we had reserved a table in advance. The starters arrived after 1h.