“Give it a miss”

Cuisines: European, Fusion, Central European
Good for: Business meetings, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Neighbourhood: Mitte
Description: In music the word fusion is used to describe a combination of two different styles. The Oktogon calls itself a Fusion Restaurant and by this it means a combination of flavours and culinary techniques from western and eastern cuisine. This focus on fusion food can be seen from a quick look at the menu which includes Dim-Sum with Maultasche (Swabian ravioli) filled with spinach and cheese or roasted veal cutlet on a bed of sautéed wild mushrooms and sweet potato strudel. Plus there is an impressive selection of wines from every continent apart from Asia. All this can be enjoyed in a luxurious setting with stunning views of the centre of Berlin. A reasonably priced lunch menu is available from 11.30am - 4pm and the restaurant can cater for parties of 6 to 60 people. Conference facilities are available.
Rochester, United Kingdom
“Give it a miss”
Reviewed 14 April 2012

A real disappointment, with poor service and even worse food. The dishes served were a not a reflect of the menu.

• Visited April 2012
1 Thank TAN61

Tel Aviv, Israel
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“WORST SERVICE EVER!”
Reviewed 6 January 2011

I planned a trip to Berlin to celebrate the New Year and part of the plan was to propose to my girlfriend.
I searched for a proper restaurant where I could propose and celebrate the occasion.
After a long search and consultation with friends who live in Berlin I found this restaurant - Oktogon Fusion Restaurant.
I made the reservation through the website http://www.eat-out.net/ And received the invitation was accepted.
In addition, I received an email from the restaurant about their program to celebrate the new year so I knew that the invitation is closed and it's OK.
Unfortunately when I got to the restaurant I noticed that all tables were occupied and there was only one small table at the entrance - it seems pathetic, not suitable for the event.
As I turned to the waiter he said that the whole place is full and that is what is left, I introduced him the confirmation then he referred me to a person who looked like the manager, who spoke to me in a rude and insulting way. He said he sent me two emails ( which I never received) the mails he showed me on his computer were written in German (of course I do not know the language.)
When I tried to argue with him and tried reach a compromise he answered me in Insulting way, he said roughly that its not possible that he is very busy or in other words "Go away. "
Important night was ruined and we got out with very bad feeling.
I do not know about the quality of the food in the restaurant, but I would expect a better service and less patronizing.
Think about it before you make reservations in this restaurant .

• Visited December 2010
1 Thank taltet
“Fantastic new years eve with 5 course...”
Reviewed 30 July 2010

Fantastic new years eve with 5 course meal. Roofterrace and fireworks were spectacular. Food amazing, try the tapenade cream!

Boston MA
“Wonderful food, amazing service, small and intimate place, spotlessly clean”
Reviewed 1 July 2010

We were looking for Potsdamer Platz and stopped at the OKTOGON by accident on the late evening of June 18 2010, we did not know anything about it. It became a highlight of our 2 days in Berlin. Great quality and hospitality at a very reasonable price. They treat you as a visiting royalty there. At the same time you do not feel any pressure. Simply wonderful!

Roeselare
“Recommended”
Reviewed 6 August 2009

We made reservations for a Sunday evening in November 2008.
Great food with anything but the ordinary flavour combinations.
Very impressive wine list.
The waiter only had to focus on us (as we were all alone that evening) so service was excellent!
I think we payed about €250 (due to the expensive wine (€70) and after dinner drinks we had)
(14/20 by Gault Millau: well worth it)

1 Thank Dimi_F