“So good, I went back for seconds”
Review of Burgermeister

Burgermeister
Ranked #8 of 8,396 Restaurants in Berlin
Price range: US$4 - US$11
Cuisines: American, Fast food
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Cash Only, Outdoor Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighbourhood: Kreuzberg
San Francisco, California
“So good, I went back for seconds”
Reviewed 6 May 2014

Guys, I know: Berlin's culinary scene is ever-evolving. Before my three-day visit to the German capital, colleagues and friends sent me countless restaurant recommendations. But then I found Burgermeister. I love a cheap and tasty takeaway burger; for me, In-N-Out Burger is the pack leader (yeah, I'm a biased Californian).

Burgermeister is competitive. I ordered the bar-b-q burger and it did not disappoint. While the patty was perfectly cooked and sauced, the toasty bun was the star of the show.

My tips: Visit during 'off-peak' burger consumption hours (if there is such a thing). I queued for an hour at 22:00 on a Saturday, but then for just 5 minutes at 22:00 on a Sunday. The place is vibey - lots of music and locals - but I took my order back to my apartment on both occasions. Also, skip the (basic) fries.

• Visited May 2014

• Turkish first
Marseille, France
“Cool burgers!”
Reviewed 5 May 2014

The place is quite funny and unique. The burgers were also good :)

One of the cooker is not very cool, but it's part of the thing !

Visited August 2013
Mulhouse, France
“One of the best burgers I ate”
Reviewed 4 May 2014

Excellent home made burgers (why do people go to B.K or McDo?? in Berlin), nice unusual location. In my to do list for the next trip in Berlin

• Visited February 2014
“Mervellous hamburger in Berlin”
Reviewed 3 May 2014 via mobile

After our tour in East side to see the Berlin`s wall we decide to have launch to the best fast food in berlin. Here you can taste different kind of hambergers and french fries.

London
“Love it, fantastic burgers.”
Reviewed 30 April 2014

We recently stayed nearby (in PLUS Berlin) whilst in the city for a music festival. On a friend's recommendation we popped down to Burgermeister for lunch on a Saturday in the sun.

Burgermeister is a burger kiosk in a former public toilet under the railway line, in the middle of four lanes of traffic on Skalitzer Str, opposite U Gorlitzer Bahnhof. Sounds promising no? Seats are padded rails and beer crates and only really suitable for a short visit, but I really recommend making a visit.

The kiosk is busy, really busy, at all times of day and night. We enjoyed our lunchtime visit so much we returned twelve hours later and it was packed again.

There are a variety of burgers on offer, good quality burgers and tasty toppings. Fries come plain, with cheese or with chilli and cheese and all are great. The chilli cheese burger is ace, as is the Meisterburger. They serve beers and soft drinks too, bottle openers chained to each table. Can't really explain why I love it so much, I just do!

Don't take photos though - they hate it!

• Visited April 2014

Been to Burgermeister? Share your experiences!