“Fantastic Sushi”

Price range: US$22 - US$44
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Neighbourhood: Charlottenburg
Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

All I could say is that Sushi was fantastic. We didnt know about the restaurant, we just asked the taxi driver to drop us at Kantstrasse and we entered Kuchi. We didn't have any reservation hence we had to wait. The restaurant was full packed however it was worth the wait. As to the price, I had no idea as it was my boss who paid the bill (it was a business trip). Service was also efficient, they had Japanese staff that time. Whenever I go to Berlin again, I will definitely come back to this restaurant, though I am an avid fan of Bratwurst, Sushi will always have a space.

Reviewed 16 June 2014

Came here for lunch and both me and my partner had a sushi set. The servings were rather small, and they use cheap ingredients: they seem to use crab stick as a filler and the portions of sashimi were tiny. However, the ambience was pleasant and the service was polite and friendly.

Reviewed 31 May 2014

Wie have been several times in Kuchi Kantstrasse and to say positive first, Food is tasty and waitresses are very pretty.

But unconfortable banks nothing to lean on, cheap furniture, crowded, loud and hectic.

the most anoying was, we had guest from Switzerland and reserved a table for 4 person. when we arrived in time, already 4 other kadies (that also reserved for 4) sit on the table for max. 6 person. they wanted us to there as well. That would be very unpleasant eating for all of us.

Also the waitress lied to us when she said " I told you on the phone you will sit on a table with others."

Fazit... bad aervice, unpleasnat atmosphere... No recommendation. For our Berlin guest we have many other Nice Restaurant in Berlin, with friendly personal, nice atmosphere and excellent food

2  Thank Grey_wolf159
Reviewed 8 May 2014

The start wasn't great. The 4 of us were placed at a table where a couple were already dining and yet the 4 behind us at the door (also no booking, we heard that clearly) were seated at a free table. The service was cheerless, to the point of being rude. The food was quite good. The fish was fresh but at these prices surely it would be unforgivable if it wasn't. The sashimi was not all well cut, so some of it had to be chewed to bite through the sinew. Same with some of the fish on the sushi. The rice was nice. Off the top of my head I could name half a dozen Japanese restaurants in Auckland which are so far superior to this place it isn't funny, so I am surprised by the high scores for this place on TA, but maybe we are just fortunate here in Auckland.

Reviewed 2 April 2014

We visited this restaurant while on a short city break with 2 friends, after a recommendation from a friend that had been to the sister restaurant in Mitte.

We really enjoyed the experience, the service was friendly and attentive although the place was packed, and the sushi was great. We shared a lot of food, the most memorable pieces were the “My best friend’s Roll” and “Crunchy tuna” rolls, as well as the amaebi (sweet shrimp) and scallop nigiri. The TNT Roll didn’t really work, but we ate it anyway. The warm sake was served in cute small ceramic bottles—too small—we lost count…