“Excellent”

Ranked #556 of 8,848 Restaurants in Berlin
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Charlottenburg
Reviewed 3 August 2013

We love Turkish food and went to Baba Angora's after reading reviews on Trip Advisor. We were not deceived. Although we arrived at 3 pm and no client was in the restaurant at this hour, we were made to feel welcome and service was warm and efficient. The food was delicious, my teenagers enjoyed it thoroughly, and the bill was reasonable.

Reviewed 3 May 2013

Yesterday strolling past the Winterfeld Markt Platz and continuing down the Goltz STr. in Schöneberg, a name of a restaurant unfamiliar t h e r e ( there is another with this name!) caught my attention:' Baba Angora', a Turkish restaurant offering, as today's Berlin tradition, 'Mittag Tisch' at a most competitive and reasonable price.
Experiencing now since my return from Turkey in April more than usual 'homesickness' for the Turkish pleasant way of life and its wonderful cuisine, I spent a marvelous short hour there, that short hour at my own wish, as I had an eye doctor appointment. One of my first impressions of Baba Angora was of its quiet elegance, the generous space, two large rooms, its beautiful decor in a turn of the 19th/20th century style. At my first request to have a bit of quick service, this was acknowledged by the friendly waiter who remained true to his words, "No problem".

The name of this restaurant and my recollection was explained by the Patron/owner : the existing and original Baba Angora since 1988, is in the Schluter Str, in the most elegant part of Charlottenburg.

This new second 'Baba Angora' is truly a great enchancement to the cosy but often scruffy other eating establishments in this part of town, Schöneberg. A big plus for the neighborhood!

The service is superior having been given relaxed, attentive and dignified attention. I had a mercimek, the TR lentil soup, grilled kebabs of highest quality veal on bulgur with grilled tomatoes, and an authentic Turkish Mokka, for the surprising charge of € 7,50, most authentic , delicious, light and healthy, the best Turkish 'Hausmannskost', a good barometer of the standards of a Turkish restaurant.

I plan to return tomorrow, now that my April Turkish vacation can be 'extended' here at Baba Angora ! With 'Honca', 'Hasir',' Anatolisches Teighaus', 'Baba Angors' has become a new favorite Turkish haunt for me in Berlin where 'the price is right' and more: style, service and charm!

Reviewed 22 April 2013 via mobile

We ordered four different dishes. All were awesome. It was an enjoyable experience to sit by the roadside, in a white Berlin Neighborhood while enjoying the food and the evening

Reviewed 15 April 2013

Very nice place & food especially Lamb menu! We DO love it. The restaurant is opened late night and very friendly and warmth welcome.

Reviewed 12 April 2013

We went to Baba Angora on a Saturday night without reservation and although the place was nearly full we found a nice corner table. The staff are very friendly and helpful, they will describe the ingredients of the dishes. We selected a selection of cold starters (Karisik Meze 2) which was very tasty, but not too hot. We had mixed grilled meats as mains (Karisik Izgara) which was very tasty, too. Dessert platter included very fresh fruit as well as sugary treats. The 3 course meal for two, beers, turkish wine and Turkish coffee came to 76 Euros! Most definitely worth a recommendation