“Maravilhoso”

Crunch Kantine
Ranked #1,594 of 10,052 Restaurants in Berlin
Price range: £5 - £9
Neighbourhood: Mitte (Borough)
Description: Crunch Kantine is an all day vegetarian buffet, everything cooked daily with love from freshest ingredients. Our philosophy on vegetarian cooking; "we hope that meat eaters will not notice that there is NO meat", ! At least 14 dishes on the buffet each day with 90% of them vegan, 100% vegetarian. Soup, Buffet and Salad,eat as much as you need 9.50euros or 1 plate €7.50 Desserts made to order. House juice€3.50(pressed to order-beetroot, celary, carrot apple and ginger)Bio coffee, Fresh teas and good fast wifi for guests to use. Siemensstrasse. 16, Moabit, 10551 Berlin. Located a 3 minute walk from either Sbahn-Beusselstrasse or U9-Bhf Birkenstrasse
Reviewed 11 January 2018 via mobile

All you can eat! Wonderful vegan Tarte Tatin...lovely place, super chef owner...maravilhoso vegetariano e vegano em Berlim...

Date of visit: January 2018

Reviewed 23 September 2017 via mobile

Had great lunch box with lot of variety and great taset. High five fot the service and the food quality!

Date of visit: September 2017
Reviewed 19 May 2017

Every dish except one was vegan and aside from the white bread it was all very healthy! Lots of veggies, beans, and whole grains! Very good value for all-you-can-eat and an interesting mix of flavors. I appreciated the use of seasonal vegetables.

Date of visit: May 2017
Reviewed 10 May 2017

I made an extra effort to find this place in Moabit because fresh "eat all you need" vegetarian/vegan buffet sounded great. The warm dishes were tasty and varied. The salads were mostly pulses (no greens). I was thinking while I was eating that I'll need to write a positive Tripadvisor review to encourage people to find this place off the beaten track. I hadn't thought about rating "service" in a self-service buffet place. My lunch experience turned, however, to an absurd tragicomedy at the end. The manager was very rude and made clear that I ate too much and spent too little and that he wasn't making a profit on me. I gave him direct feedback that I thought it was not appropriate for him to make such comments to his customers, but he just went on with his chiding.
So if you eat just a little, can digest pulses and don't mind the desolate location and if you can tolerate rude comments and hostile attitude from the management, this might be your place for a healthy vegetarian meal.

Date of visit: May 2017
5  Thank kiviko
Michael K, Owner at Crunch Kantine, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2017

Michael K, Owner at Crunch Kantine, responded to this review

I changed my advertising from "All You Can Eat" to "Eat What You Need", I just had too many people taking advantage of my offer here at Crunch Kantine....Having a restaurant full of gluttons was never my intention!

The food at Crunch Kantine is to be enjoyed and is prepared with alot of thought and attention.

I am sure there are plenty of other restaurants where this lady can eat that are offering such good food for such a low price where she can expect much more variety than the 15 different dishes which were on offer yesterday for € 6.80.

I am only rude to people who are not polite to me in my own home, I live at Crunch Kantine.

If the food was so bad why did she eat so much food? No one "needs" to eat like this woman did yesterday, I am very conscious that with vegetarian and raw food that if people eat too much it will not be so good for their stomach. I consoled myself with the fact that she would probably spend time in the bathroom after eating so much.

I made my favourite Papaya, Tomato Lime Salad during lunch yesterday...probably enough for 6 people....there was only a tiny portion left after this lady attacked it. My regular customers love that salad the restaurant was full at the time and I made it for sharing not greed.

I was just being honest when I told her that " if every customer I had , ate like you do and drank tap water I would be bankrupt".

Sorry for being so honest but trust me what I do here every day is much harder than cyclinng on a bike 10km to eat my food for €6.80 without treating yourself to a drink to go with it.

Reviewed 4 March 2017

We visited various vegetarian places whilst we in Berlin but Crunch Kanteen was our absolute favourite. So much so we went back twice! :) Michael was extremely hospitable, making us feel welcome and helping us with travel tips for our visit. The food is a help-yourself-buffet with a wide selection including soup, salads and variety of main dishes. All the food was delicious and so reasonable. Definitely worth a visit!

Date of visit: February 2017