“Sublime”

Heising
Ranked #11 of 8,306 Restaurants in Berlin
Cuisines: French, European
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighbourhood: Charlottenburg
London, United Kingdom
“Sublime”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2014

First thing to remember - It's CASH ONLY. I noticed a lot of people embarrassedly shuffling out to get cash and I myself restricted myself from having another drink on (unfounded) fears that I might be short.

Second thing to remember - Be on time! I got hopelessly lost and nearly lost my table (in spite of emailing to say that I'd be late).

Lastly - If you've got the first two things in the bag, it's FANTASTIC, so be prepared for a thoroughly enjoyable evening.

The ambience is just lovely. The decor makes you feel like you've stepped back in time. The elderly couple who run the restaurant (Mrs. & Mr. Heising) are warm and gracious hosts. I was a bit worried about dining alone in a restaurant which was so clearly a very romantic place, but I have to say I had one of the best evenings ever.
The food is great - perhaps not the best French food I've ever had, but definitely high up there. Rich and decadent.
Would highly recommend. Do book in advance.

3 Thank AnwK

• Vietnamese first
Berlin, Germany
“Great restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

As many others said before: a great restaurant for the time traveller. Nothing for a quick bite after work - you go here when you want to celebrate something. Or when you want to feel like sitting in the dining room on the Titanic .-) French food, classic style, so yes: best quality, but nothing innovative (and that would not fit into the atmosphere).

Visited January 2014
3 Thank epapa100
Alingsas, Sweden
“Wow”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2014

Maybe not the best food (although top 10) I have had during the years, but when you put all together it will be one of the best.

Mr Heising with his wife give you the best of best in service and make you feel like one in the family. The interior take you back to early 19 century and it make the food taste even better. The food was really good, only a few minor details...
The price (46 euro for 3 courses and 54 euro for 4) is really good.

I will tell all my friends about this restaurant and I hope Mr Heising and his wife will be around for a long time.

2 Thank Göran F
Tel Aviv
“Excellent Franch restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2014

what a place ! what a restaurant, felt like we are moving in time ! such a good food ! what a nice couple run the place ! PERFECT !

Visited July 2014
1 Thank Ayalla E
The Wirral
“A Step back in Time!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2014

My son and I had the pleasure of dining at Heising twice during our short stay in this beautiful city.
I can recommend the cuisine. The menu offers a good choice of classic dishes which are usually presented with imagination and flair. We both have small appetites, so were pleased that we could make our way through three courses. I only wish we'd had room for four as I'm sure the puddings would have been delightful.
What makes Heising particularly memorable is the calm and gracious atmosphere. created in part by the decor, art works, furnishings and place settings, but also by the charming host and his lovely wife. They are attentive and helpful in the choice of courses and wines (these are very reasonably priced).
What made each meal so memorable was the way in which we were made to feel special. On our first visit the outside temperature, even for early evening, was very high. I was kindly presented with a fan which worked wonders. On our second visit I was presented with a most beautiful rose as we were leaving; which, I'm happy to say, in spite of the heat and travelling conditions survived our journey back to England.
We can recommend the veal and frogs legs and would urge anyone who enjoys good food in a charming and comfortable atmosphere to make at least one visit to Heising whilst Berlin.

1 Thank ValkyrieTheWirral