“Nice venue but food needs working on”

Juleps New York Bar & Restaurant
Ranked #442 of 8,718 Restaurants in Berlin
Price range: US$5 - US$38
Cuisines: American, Bar, Grill
Good for: Groups, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Charlottenburg
Description: Cocktail Bar & Restaurant Full Food International - Grill - Vegeterian Friendly Kitchen- Service - Jazz Blues Funk & Soul
Reviewed 17 August 2014

The venue is great and the service very good. The food particularly if your familiar with American/ Mexican cuisine is a little disappointing. Portions are generous but the meals we had lacked seasoning, no spice. Our guacamole needed some chilli and lime to liven it. The shop bought corn chips were a no no. I recommend they switch brands.The side cheese was flavourless. If the cost was a little less it would be passable but for the prices which are high one should expect better.

Reviewed 12 August 2014

Only just getting round to posting a review after my trip!

I visited with my friend and her father after hearing about the restaurant online. My friend chose the resteraunt because the menu looked great and we hadn't had authentic American-themed food in quite a while. The place was hidden away in Charlottenberg but we found it relatively easy and the bus links in Berlin are great.

We started off with a few cocktails, which we could watch getting made at the bar. Very interesting to watch. My cocktail (a strawberry daiquiri) was fruity and wasn't too strong. Our waitress was friendly and attentive. To eat, my friend had the jerk chicken, which looked and smelled great. I had the classic burger with extra caramelized onions (which came at an extra cost). Although the chips were a bit oily, the burger itself was spectacular and I can vividly remember walking back to our apartment and talking at length about how great the burger was!

I absolutely can't wait to come back to Berlin and dine at Juleps again!

1  Thank Ellie M
Reviewed 12 August 2014 via mobile

On a recent visit I tried the deluxe burger special, definitely one of my best burger so far in Berlin!
Happy Hour is the best time of the day ;)

Reviewed 12 August 2014

We were there with a group and had an excellent meal. We thought we would just stay for drinks (which are among the best and most varied in the Western part of the city)- but the menu was very appealing and we each had something different- all american style food preparation. And the flour less chocolate torte was to die for. I would say it is worth a special trip!

Reviewed 6 August 2014

My husband and I visit Berlin frequently and always make a point of eating here at least once each visit.

The food is excellent and there is a really wide choice. You can even just have a drink and nibbles if you want. Cocktails are incredible, and if you are there for Happy Hour they are almost half price!!!

The owners Brian and Gwendolina go out of their way to make you feel really welcome.

Whether you eat outside on the terrace or inside, the atmosphere is really buzzing.

Excellent value for money.

Looking forward to another great meal there, this August