“Poor service, no ambience! Not worth the money!”
Review of Hugos Restaurant

Hugos Restaurant
Ranked #418 of 9,298 Restaurants in Berlin
Price range: US$82 - US$152
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Charlottenburg
Description: Panoramic views and heavenly food - Hugos Gourmetrestaurant on the 14th floor. An elegant setting where our top-flight chef Eberhard Lange creates an haute cuisine dining experience garnished with one Michelin star and 17 points in the Gault Millau restaurant guide. Subtly different, blending the finest of flavours in the lightest of dishes. Spiced with the stunning view across Berlin's shimmering night-time cityscape. Or enjoy the exclusive service and ambience of our elegant Hugo Private Dining Rooms. The perfect evening with each unforgettable moment to be enjoyed to the fullest - crowned with an after-dinner drink at Hugos Bar.
Reviewed 27 December 2014

Staying at the intercontinental and as our last night thought we'd have dinner here tonight..
Service was so poor for a Michelin star restaurant.. We ordered a bottle of wine.. I finished my glass.. Saw 3 waiters have a look at our table and not one thought to top up my glass.. I had to wait 10 minutes before I had to ask a waiter for my glass to be topped up. I am vegetarian and only 2 dishes were offered.. Seeing as I've eaten at many Michelin star restaurants where they have accommodated for me this restaurant did not. After a bit of discussion they finally gave me the option of a pasta dish with truffles... Completely bland!!! I had to add salt, pepper and Parmesan (pepper and Parmesan I had again to request for).. I ate maybe a fifth of it and got charged 45 euros!!!! I do not mind spending money on a nice experience with good food.. This place offered neither so I am baffled how they have received a Michelin star. My husband who does eat meat also said the food was nice but not great. Definitely a miss.

1  Thank R_patel88

Reviewed 25 December 2014

We were really looking forward to dinner in this Michelin one star restaurant. We ended up being very disappointed. The staff was very arrogant, the prices were very high, the decor was just average, the food portions were very small and in the case of one in our party, undercooked. We would never go back!

Reviewed 11 December 2014

Tastefully decorated with a spectacular night time panorama from most tables,our early seating was from 6.30pm for a menu degustation that lasted three hours.There are three main menus offered and one was abundant with truffles.We chose the main menu degustation at 150 Euro and a good wine as well,Course after course timely served kept us entertained for hours and finally a superb selection of cheeses and a complimentary glass of port of great vintage was offered to us by their Maitre D.A very memorable experience with polite guests talking in whispers and well dressed as appropriate for such a lovely evening.Definately a big Yes..........

Reviewed 19 November 2014

The quality of food was high, we went for the truffle menu which was great. The sommerlier recommended us an Austrian red as my wife is mostly into red wine. That was also great.

However the issue for this restaurant is the interior, the lightning and in general the atmosphere. It does not get the most out of the great views from this top floor location at all.

Also the attention from the waiters were below what I would expect from a starred restaurant.

Would we come back - most likely not, I would want more of a ambience when enjoying a nice dinner out.

Reviewed 17 November 2014

I invited my wife there for a romantic dinner and it was a big mistake ... Firstly, it is located in the Intercontinental, which is tacky and needs refurbishment ... At the reception on the 15th floor, they were not very friendly, and very junior ... The dining room has not taste, no charm, it looks like a meeting room from the late 80ies ... with Aluminium windows, and IKEA like furniture ... It is neither cosy, beautifulf or charming ... We ordered the 10 course 'Überaschungsmenu' i.e. the suprise menu ... we stated that my wife had allergy to seafood in general and mussels in particular and they took good note ... Then the 1st plates came .. but we had no cutlery ... The waitress came and said that it was ok since it was a cold dish ... 3 course later, comes a plate with ... mussels. I tell the waiter that I am surprised since I had just explained to him that my wife had an allergy. His reply was 'wrong table' but it was obvious that he had forgotten to warn the chef. The sommelier was sweaty but ok and advised excellent and decently priced German and Austrian wines. This was the most positive note of the dinner. And regarding the food, it was technically mastered, ... but somehow theoretical, 'flat', boring ... no dish really had any WOW effect on us ... The service was poor, junior, with no 'ownership' of our table ... and they did not have a 'service' culture i.e. being focused at us having a good time and wanting to come back ... So overall, it was cheap for a 10 course menu, but except for a business lunch, and with a more concise menu, I would not really recommend this place.

2  Thank Xavier75Paris