“Excellent hostel and friendly staff”

Townside Hostel Bremen
Bremen, Germany
“Excellent hostel and friendly staff”
Reviewed 5 November 2013

I stayed at this hostel for about a week. It is by far one of the best hotels in which I've been lodged. First I choose the four bed room, which has bathroom and a shower inside the room. Then, due to the fact that I decided to stay a little longer, I moved to a 7 bed room. I was in another hostel with that amount of beds and let me tell you, it was a disgusting experience! Too many people cramped in one single room. In this particular case, the rooms were big enough to let you breathe. A little sink was included but I don't see the point of it. A girl decided to drink after in the middle of the night and I could hear the noise coming from the faucet. So, better pay a little more for a tight sleep. Almost forgot, there's lockers in the room, just ask in the reception.

Location is another excellent highlight for this hostel. I'm not lying, you can find a bus station on the next block, and there's a lot of places to shop in the surrounding area (bakery, supermarket, restaurants). Bremen main station (Hauptbahnhof) can be reached by foot, but if you feel lazy, a bus can get you there in less than 7 minutes. I also could reach the center of the city by foot but, once again, a couple of connections were enough to travel to the beautiful St. Peter Cathedral.

Concerning the staff... awesome! They helped me a lot and they were very patient with my fair German. I told the reception staff that I wanted to practice that language and they were eager to help me, they even corrected some of the e-mails that I needed to send. This doesn't happens regularly in other places.

To summarize, this is you best option to stay in Bremen!

Room Tip: Choose wisely, 2-4 bed rooms are the way to go. If you spend less, you'll regret it because if y...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
  • Turkish first
tunisie
Reviewed 20 October 2013

the place was good, but extra charge for non use of linen, make me very upset...
coz I was in the end of my trip and I dont have that much money, but she keep charging me 20 euro.... really upset about that girl in the reception, coz I already told here that am running out of money please make exception.. but she still incist ....
sorry

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 September 2013 via mobile

I stayed in this hostel for several nights recently after I stayed at town side earlier in the year. We were welcomed politely by the receptionist who was more than helpful. However charged extra for a city tax? The hostel is in a great location and would recommend this to any budget travellers although the rooms are slightly cramped.

• Stayed September 2013
Reviewed 17 April 2013

Honestly, I'm writing this review whilst at the hostel, one of the best places I've ever been... Go with an open mind, the staff are friendly and curious. The hostel manager Melanie is a diamond, the price for a mixed room is redonculous. Amazing, is the only word I could ever use.

• Stayed April 2013
Kitzbuhel
Reviewed 20 January 2013

Home to Ironman, The Hulk, Thor and many others, this superhero hideout is defended by 2 headed penguins, laser beams and a gang of Mexican kittens! Stay here if you would like to join The Avengers or learn where to find an ample supply of kryptonite. ...also staff are really friendly :)

Room Tip: Rooms are always beter with walls
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank StressedBunny
Goettingen, Germany
Reviewed 5 January 2013

Basic rooms, well cleaned and with the essentials one needs: a sink, a large double bed, a small cupboard, excellent heating. Just a few steps from tram stop. Of course one has to accept to share WC and shower with other guests. But the cleaning was ok also here. Recommended for short stays, since you do not have much space in the room except for... sleeping!

Room Tip: we had a double one for 54 (50 + 4 for sheets) and we had to share WC and toilet with another guest...
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 August 2012

Staff are friendly and cute. As I walked into the room I got hit by a smell "like" old pee?

Too much money for what's offered. You can almost have your own room in a better hostel for what you pay for 1 bed in a 7 bed room with breakfast and towel, close to €30.

WiFi isn't just a password for all, it's a personal application created in their server with your personal information, a personal ip address, user Id and password assigned to you = EVERYTHING you browse on YOUR laptop, phone, device.. is logged and saved on their server. Not only that, but they never warn you of this fact. As of August 15, 2012.

• Stayed August 2012