“Just perfect”

Ibis Budget Bremen City Sud
Ranked #33 of 86 Hotels in Bremen

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Nibe, Denmark
Reviewed 31 July 2014

I have stayed twice in this hotel in the past 10 days. I have had 4 rooms each time. Although the hotel is non smoking - all rooms we had - but one - were smelling A LOT of smoke. On both occasions we checked in late in the evening - unattended - so not chance of talking to a receptionist. I mentioned this when checking out after my first stay - and the receptionist told me I could have activated the emergency call - when I had checked in. But who activates the emergency call at the entrance unless it is an emergency? Hotel is easily accessible - and with car park just outside. I would come here again if they sort the smoking problem - but perhaps the staff can not smell this as it seems that most of them were smokers themselves (Standing outside the front entrance smoking as we had breakfast)

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Ibis Hotels

3 Thank Mikkel S
Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed 4 July 2014

we stayed there just for transit from stockholm heading paris. we went there as family with 1 kid & 1 infant. We book a room of 1 double bed and 1 single bed. the receptionist is not there when we arrived. so we checked in through an automated machine. but when we get into the hotel the staff asked us to book extra room as we are group of 4 (although 1 of us is infant). the hotel was okay, ibis budget standard. the location is a bit suburb. but it's clean and well maintained.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Maidenhead, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 June 2014

A standard iBis Budget, but quite old fittings: e.g. it hasn't got the 'electronic' switching system you find in some newer / refurbished locations in the chain. Otherwise, standard fare for iBis budget - spartan fittings - bed(s) one chair, one table, a TV, hanging space and a sink in main room, plus a shower and wc. Just hand-soap and towels provided - bring your own shower gel etc.

As usual the bed is very firm - fine for me but not to everyone's taste I suspect.

Place was pretty clean, but did have a few bugs flying around in the room.

Spacious / capacious car park, and location is hand for the Autobahn. As usual location is in light industrial area - neighbours include several car dealerships etc. A drive-through MacDonalds is just a short walk away, but not sure what (if any) other food options are close by.

Friendly check-in staff. But breakfast was a real disappointment - basically coffee, cereal, bread and yoghurts. No fresh fruit, and the yoghurt was pretty industrial. Breakfast is strangely variable in iBis Budgets given that almost every other aspect of the experience is the same in every location.

Room Tip: Don't bother with breakfast - pop down the road and have coffee and a roll at the McCafe - cheap...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank glawrie
Holbaek, Denmark
Reviewed 8 June 2014

I booked the room 4 weeks in advance and was not asked smoker/non smoker. Arriving at the hotel I used my booking code to have the room
Without being asked neither at booking nor at arrival at a closed reception you get a smokers room. When reception opened I was told, that I should have called the hotel i advance, and all non smoking room was taken..

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

4 Thank Kurt S

Travellers are raving about these Bremen hotels

Northamptonshire
Reviewed 13 November 2013

I read the reviews before booking and thought we would receive a clean room without thrills which is all we needed for a 5 hour sleep before continuing on our journey. Would not stay at this hotel or any other Ibis Budget ever again. Also, is smoking not banned in hotels these days ???? Our room stank of ingrained smoke. Oh well, you live and learn and I'll always pay the extra 10-20 euro to stay somewhere else in future.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business