All reviews train station per day marriott courtyard lovely hotel minute walk to the old town convention center rooms are large european hotels location is great main station lovely city reception desk three nights pleasant stay visiting bremen business hotel bed was comfortable
Reviewed 21 September 2018

I love the Courtyard and have reviewed it so many times that I'm not going to repeat myself. Instead I just want to pass on one great tip that made my recent stay even better.

The beds are Courtyard are fabulous but I REALLY struggle with the pillows - they are so hard it's like trying to sleep on a bag of cement. After two nights of sleeping on their small orange cushion wrapped in a bath towel, I got some life-changing advice from a colleague.

If the pillows are too hard, just free the end of the pillow case and let the pillow relax. The housekeeping staff stuff the pillows in to the cases so hard that they make a beautiful but uncomfortable sleep. Undo the end of the pillow case and smack the pillow about a bit and you'll have a much softer pillow.

Genius.

I slept so well after I found this out.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
2  Thank Barbara L
Reviewed 2 September 2018 via mobile

Stayed here for business for 2 weeks. Had a very pleasant experience overall - from the helpful staff at the reception to the clean rooms and the great location. The second week I was upgraded to a suit (room 225) as my prefered room from the first week wasn’t available as requested (room 223). Both rooms were very quiet and I recommend them if you are a light sleeper like me and don’t want to face the train station. I would stay again.

Stayed: September 2018
1  Thank Ralisa
Reviewed 6 August 2018 via mobile

The hotel was located right next to the main train station, so very convenient for easy, cheap and reliable train links.
Breakfast was nice but overpriced at 19euro / lots of choice including hot English style breakfast, continental, cereals and even a waffle maker with fresh batter to Mal yourself.
My room was very nice and clean. It was a modern style with a fabulous bathroom and the complimentary shower gel etc was really lovely.
The entrance and hall ways were very grand with beautiful art and interesting displays. All the staff were helpful and spoke good English. Check in / out was quick and easy. I will stay again.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business
2  Thank BiffabiffGringo
Reviewed 1 August 2018

A beautiful hotel in a central location (easy walking to all the sites of Bremen), excellent service both in housekeeping and at the front desk, spectacular breakfast. The rooms in the Lloyd Building are exceptionally large and beautifully decorated. This Courtyard meets or exceeds the standards of most Marriott and Renaissance Hotels -- outstanding!

Room Tip: Lloyd wing rooms are large and airy
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Linda K
Reviewed 23 July 2018

Very good receiving. I was already checked in and known.

The room was clean and comfortable, and I had been upgraded, so there was nothing to complain about.

We got good help with what we would see in Bremen, via markings on a map, nothing went wrong, thank you.

The staff were very friendly and helpful. We went early the next morning, so we didn't get to experience any breakfast.

The car remained in the locked parking lot

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple