Star Inn Hotel Premium Bremen Columbus
  • Room Service
Courtyard Bremen(Bremen)
Hostel-Posty(Bremen)
View Hotel
All reviewsopposite the train stationcar liftsmall hallseventh floorwater runningdouble glazingwalking distancelarge bathrooma lot of noiseold citythe wi fifamily roomshort stayclean roomsmain entrancereception areasingle room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 7 June 2013

I have just returned from a 2 night stay in the Star Inn in Bremen. While it was not luxurious, it was adequate and was a pleasant place to the stay. The cost was reasonable, the room was a good size with a flat screen TV and the room was very clean. The buffet breakfast was good and the staff in the hotel were pleasant and helpful. The area opposite - around the railway station is not great and I needed to keep your wits about me when passing it. The location is central and is is very near the main shopping district and Square. The biggest plus are: good value, very clean, good service. Bad point the location regarding the railway station and the sort of people attached to such locations . I would stay there again.

Room Tip: I was in the back of the hotel and I did not hear any noise from the street.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 May 2013

The positives aare availability of family rooms, clean and reasonably furnished new rooms, free breakfast for kids.
Location, 10 min wlk from Rathausand right at the Bahnhof is convinient, but the railwy station are is slightly dodgy... Getting there by car to offload the luggage was a pain- had to drive through a bus hub, which felt a bit counterintuitive...

Was there only for 2 nights, which was short enough...

Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 February 2013

I have been there just for one night and I didn't like the place: single rooms are very small.
The breakfast was quite expensive and poor.
The hotel facilities were quite adequate, no luxuries included. Parking spot was available but expensive, WiFi wasn't free and did not work properly.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 January 2013

I was staying at the hotel w/ my family (2 adults + 3 and 8 years old kids) for four nigths. First of all, the location was quite good to approach the Old Town by walk. The hotel is opposite to the Main Railway Station and as usual, there are some suspicious groups of people hanging around. There is no grocery store near by and the nearest thing is the small shop inside the railway station.

We stayed at suite with a seperate bed room. The room was nice and clean. The only downsides were the bed quality and the noise coming out from the noisy trams. I have never had that bad back pain at the mornings. It was almost impossible to get out of the bed becouse of it and my wife had the same issues. For me the quality of the bed is one of the most important things when staying at a hotel. When I complainted about quality of the bed after the first badly slept nigth, the woman in reception asked where I'm from. When I told that I'm from Finland she just answered that usually only visitors from US complain about the beds, not visitors from Northern Europe. Then she continued in quite sarcastic way saying, that's how the beds are and you'll just have to live with it. We changed beds with kids and slept the rest of the nights in sofabed which was a little bit better then the actual bed.

Our room was located on the 5th floor and there was very odd and strong smell at the corridor. The smell reminded me of dryed mushrooms.

The breaksfast wasn't included to the room rate but was worth of the reasonable price asked.

If you are not that picky with the bed you are sleeping, then this hotel is quite good value for the money.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank dippadaa
Reviewed 2 January 2013

My partner and I have just returned from a 4-night stay at this hotel. Unfortunately, I can't be as enthusiastic about it as some of the other reviewers. It's true that it's in a very convenient location, directly opposite the Hauptbahnoff and right by the No. 6 tram stop. (As with all big railway stations, you get a fair few undesirable characters knocking about, but they really aren't a problem.) The main problem we encountered was noise.

Expecting the rooms overlooking the station to be noisy, we got a room at the back - unfortunately, this overlooked a multi-storey car park and on our first night a car alarm started going off in the early hours of the morning and went on until about 7am! The rooms aren't soundproofed in any way and you can hear everything that goes on nearby. It sounded like the people in the next room were moving heavy furniture about in the middle of the night!

Although we hung the DO NOT DISTURB sign on our door, the maids still came knocking at 8am wanting to clean the room. We tried asking them (in our best German) to come back later, so they came back at 10-minute intervals until we gave in and got up.

On New Years's Eve we had a terrible fright while getting ready to go out. A firework (great big rocket thing) hit our window and shattered the outer pane - thank goodness the window was double glazed. This obviously not the responsibility of the hotel - but be warned if travelling around this time of year!

Apart from the noise issue, the room was ok - plenty of storage space and a HUGE bed. No extra's, though, not even any toiletries in the bathroom - which was a bit odd - just some hand wash next to the wash basin. However, the free bottle of water in the fridge was appreciated.

The hotel doesn't have a restaurant, but this isn't a problem because there are lots of places to eat nearby. Although it says that it has a bar, this is a bit misleading - you can buy drinks from the far end of the Reception desk (the receptionist doubles as a bar person) but there isn't really anywhere to sit and drink them. We took them back to our room.

The best thing about this hotel, for me, was the breakfast. The breakfast room is lovely and has a separate area for families with small children, which I thought was genius. The food is all cold (except for boiled eggs) but very good quality and I was surprised to see "brand name" yoghurts and cereals, unlike the nasty cheap ones you usually find in continental hotels. They even had those probiotic yoghurt drinks!

To sum up, this hotel is a good, inexpensive option for people who want to be near the centre of things and who have a high tolerance for noise. We don't, so we wouldn't come back - but that is a personal choice.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple