See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 22 November 2015

Nice classy small hotel in a great location. Just a short walk to public transportation into Bremen. The employee's were very helpful with precise directions and we managed not to get lost!
Also enjoyed the breakfast buffet. Nice pastries and choices of teas in a charming dining room.

Room Tip: We chose this hotel because of the location. It's a nice quiet hotel in a nice neighborhood.
  • Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 November 2015

We booked on spec as somewhere to break the journey up while travelling from Denmark back to the Hook of Holland. First impressions were that the hotel looked slightly dated, but we had a lovely stay at the Landgut Horn.
The staff were very friendly indeed and spoke good English. When we arrived in the room, our thoughts were that it looked "a bit 80's" but it was immaculately clean and all fixtures and fittings were in excellent condition.
We ate in the onsite restaurant for our evening meal, and the food really was first rate. It made a change to look at a hotel menu and not see the standard fare on offer! My partner had Pumpkin salad with chilli oil followed by Wild Boar Ragu with dumplings, and I had fig and nut rolls with smoked duck breast followed by Venison saddle with white turnips and shallots, accompanied by a very nice bottle of Bordeaux. The kids fancied chicken nuggets and chips :-(, but even these were freshly prepared on site. I finished with a cheese selection, and the whole meal was of a very high standard. It wasn't cheap (around 120 Euros for the meal) but personally I would sooner pay a little more to have a nice meal. I believe there was also a bar snack menu available but I cannot comment on this.
Breakfast the next morning was among the best I have ever had at a hotel, a massive choice, all fresh and well prepared.
I am unlikely to visit Bremen again, but if I do I will definitely look to stay here!

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 October 2015

95% of the things were just great! The only things I didn't understand was on the breakfast, were the waiters were all smiling and very helpful but their chief was every day quite serious, with no smile at all, making us feel like bothering if we come again. It's true that we were with a little baby and we needed every time a high chair, but professionally speaking it would be great for that lady to smile too, if she is leading a whole team to do that. The second one it was on the restaurant, were we tried to have lunch on our first day and after being inside searching for a table, after waiting 5 -10 minutes right on the entrance, hoping that some of the waiters will ask us to follow him/her. It was like a moment when you feel that " you don't belong here"!
Otherwise, on reception I had every time the best treatment no matter who was attending and the hotel is very classic with very charming atmosphere to remember.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 May 2015

A two night stay at this family-run type of hotel left me with a great value for money impression: the people were very friendly and helpful, the rooms solid and clean, and the food and drinks tasty and inexpensive. What else can you wish for if you have an event in the area and need to stay somewhere not too far out of town?

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank ToppieUSA
Reviewed 13 May 2015

From Bremen city center, you will need to take a tram about 20-30mins, then walk a further 10 mins, to reach the hotel. So it is a bit out of the way.

Hotel Landgut Horn describes itself as a Victorian style hotel. I am not sure what it means but there is a certain old-world charm to it. It consists of a pretty sprawling 2 storey building. There is a garden in the back which is very nice. It has a cafe/resturant in which the breakfast is served. It looks like an expensive tea room. And it has a bar/resturant for dinner. The food served for breakfast buffet and the food in the resturant is above average. There was a good selection of beers and drinks. I felt the prices slightly high.

The staff is generally friendly. Most speak English. They were helpful and accomodating.

The room is simply furnished. There was a table with 2 chairs. One of the lamps did not work but it did not bother me. I saw no temperature control so I guess the room was centrally heated. I went in early spring and usually came back to a warm, stuffy room. I could open the window, so it was not a big deal.

There was bath and plenty of hot water. The mini bar was fully stocked. There was NO coffee or tea supplies, no kettle. There were a good variety of glasses for wine and other drinks. Apart of a generic liquid soap used for.. everything, there were no other toiletries supplied. No toothbrush, comb, etc. There was a trousers press.

The bed was firm but the pillows were thin and insufficient.

The LCD TV was small. The TV programs seemed mostly local and business/news channels. I did not see a movie or entertainment channel. Very few channels in English. For my 2 weeks plus stay, I hardly used the TV and I normally watch a lot of TV.

In the surrounding area, there are 3 supermarkets, one Chinese restaurant, 2-3 small cafes, one hairdresser, a bar and and laundry. It is a quiet neighborhood.

Generally, everything was clean.

There was free WiFi, but good only for general surfing and limited voice calls. Not good enough for video chats.

The hotel rents bicycles for 5 Euros a day.

There area buses, but I think the trams are much more frequent.

IMHO, I would recommend this for a weekend romantic getaway, but not for a work stay, or for exploring Bremen.

Room Tip: I would expect rooms overlooking the back garden to be good. My view was just some bushes, but I was OK with it.
  • Stayed: April 2015, travelled on business