Hotel Residence Bremen
US$95
US$89
  • Breakfast included
Ibis Bremen City(Bremen)(Great Value!)
US$79
US$80
US$185
US$157
Agoda.com
All reviewslarge carquiet at nightfresh fruitsmall hotelvery friendly and helpful staffminute walkbeautiful parksingle roomrooms are cleantrain stationsolariumnoisebreakfastsauna
Reviewed 20 June 2010

Charming place in a lovely building of a lovely neighborhood. The room was quite small and not as charming, but very silent. Great breakfast although quite crowded. They have a (paying) parking space available. Internet connection is very expensive but if you only need to check emails there's a free computer in the hall. Roundabout 15min from the town center.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank GiorgioBen
Reviewed 7 December 2009

... and much of it due to Hotel Residence.

We had booked a standard double, but when we arrived late on Friday evening they only had a twin booked for us and there were no other standard doubles upgraded. With very little prodding they rectified their mistake 10-fold and upgraded us to a beautiful superior room at the same price as the standard. They couldn't do enough to help us, and they appeared to treat all of their guests in this manner. On the Sunday (the day we were leaving) we found a selection of Christmas snacks and sweets hanging in a wee gift bag on our door handle!

The breakfasts were one of the best I've ever had at a continental hotel - with scrambled and boiled eggs, sausage and bacon for a more traditional 'english breakfast', and continental meats and cheeses and breads and even very strangely - marshmallows!

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank gemcor85
Reviewed 23 July 2009

Stuff very friendly, room and the hole hotel very clean, breakfast GREAT, situation good. Should stay there again!

Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank Pamela25
Reviewed 28 June 2009

the hotel staff managed to let me in late at night using some coded box with the key which was really valuable. the breakfast was very good although the breakfast hall on eekends is usually full of people (good breakfast, convenient hall, most probably the popular hotel). the room is reasonably convenient, the sound isolation from the railway station is ok but the air conditioning is, hmm, not as wild as could be. the internet access from a room may be a little overpriced (i don't know if the access from a PC at the reception is free but it may be).

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled solo
1  Thank radio303
Reviewed 9 June 2008

I agree with most of the positive reviews written here, but in my opinion there are some "but's". I booked through Expedia, and the first big "but" is that I was charged 40 Euro more at departure than stated in the Expedia booking. The invoice just had higher rates for the room, no fees or extras specified. Unfortunally I didn't notice until I had left, so...my loss. You better check the invoice better than I did, that's for sure.

The hotel is nice, the location is convenient at the room (a premium) was great. The balcony was a big plus, for sure. It had seating for two and a perfect place for a cold beer on a warm evening. And right next to the reception, there is a small lounge/bar where you can get a beer. BUT - the beer wasn't exaxtly cold. In fact it wasn't even close to cold, so my advise would be to get my beer elsewhere. Minibar in room, convenient to keep your bottles cold.
The premium room was spacious and very nice, and so was the bathroom. Very clean and tidy, both in public areas and the room. A comfy bed, BUT - unfortunally the pillow was a complete disaster!

I agree with those who say the location is convenient, a short walk into town centre. BUT - the best track is trough the main railway station (Hauptbahnhof), which in my opnion is far from the best area in Bremen. Walk fast and keep your belongings tight I'd say (probably seems worse than it is, but anyway...).
And of course, it's easy to get to the hotel. Tram #6 "Universität" from airport, app. 12 min to Hauptbahnhof and a less then 10 minutes walk from there.

Breakfast at Residence is absolutely good, fresh rolls and bread, a good variety of food including a limited hot food selection (boiled or scrambled eggs, bacon and some kind of ham when we was there). Very good coffee, BUT - the juice was just like the beer mentioned above; it was far from cold!
Even though we found the breakfast to be very good, I'd say it's nothing you wouldn't expect to find at a German hotel.

It's a sauna and a solarium at the hotel. We was told at arrival that we had to ask them to turn it on 20 minutes prior to use. I can live with that, BUT - when we asked for it, we was told it was not in use that day. So how it is, I wouldn't know.

Even though there's a few "but's", I probably would choose this hotel again if I could stay in a premium room.

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled as a couple