“Loved the food, ambiance and service!”
Review of Urbano - CLOSED

Urbano
Price range: US$9 - US$50
Cuisines: Wine Bar
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 26 October 2013

First time in beautiful town of Bremen we were invited to Urbano restaurant. Day one we went just for a cappuccino and glass of champagne, that was very nice. Next day for dinner, wow, the food was very good with a great blend of flavours. I had veal with risotto, it was so tasteful. My son had hamburger - I had bite of it too and it was yummy! Wine list is excellent!!! They even had a wine ice cream dessert.
The customer service from the staff was amazing! Next time in Bremen I will definitely eat there again!!

1  Thank murel m

Reviewed 22 October 2013

We went there to celebrate our son's birthday. Arriving at 8.00 on Friday evening we were the only customers there, and it was the same when we left two hours later. it was a very strange experience: we had to talk in whispers for privacy.

Difficult to know why this should be, but other reviewers have made the same point. For whatever reason this place does not yet seem to have captured the popular imagination in Bremen.

Which is a pity because the food is really good: interesting and elegant in presentation. And there was a kind of cool gracefulness about the place. But they really do need to attract more customers soon.

UrbanoMgt, Inhaber at Urbano, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2013

Dear John,

I am happy that you enjoyed the food and the service in Urbano. We are now open little more than 3 month and we are trying to spread the message that Urbano has excellent food and wines in a nice athmosphere. Lots of time the restaurant is well visited but there are days where the restaurant is simply empty. Especially the day you talked about was the 1st day of the Bremens famous Freimarkt with lots of visitors especially from Bremen and around, so it was a bad day for restaurants in Bremen in general. Anyhow Urbano is increasing the effort for marketing, we got recently good reviews from local news papers and we are having the christmas time ahead of us. Urbano team is positive that we will have an always booked restaurant in future. We will make sure we will keep creative and hope that you give us a chance during your next Bremen visit.

Your Urbano Team

Reviewed 18 September 2013

I went there on an evening late July. Loved the decor. Clean and warm. We had the most amazing wines which names unfortunately I cannot remember:( I thought the menu was a pricey but when I tasted the food I didn't care how much it is. The food was out of this world. The Head chef Andreas definitely loves his food. So much passion in his creations. The staff is friendly and helpful serving everyone with a smile and charm. We wanted to thank the chef in person. So he come out which I thought was a very nice touch.
I had to go back there the next day for lunch. Sitting outside in this cute little street. Perfect spot. And the Cesaer Salad with quail was just what I needed.
I hope more people will discover this little jewel and be blown away by it.

Reviewed 16 September 2013

I was invited to this restaurant by a local friend. It's more than a week since my visit, but I can clearly remember this wonderful dinner.
This elegant restaurant was recently opened in the old schnoor quarter.
The crew was very professional and very pleasant.
I would give compliments to the amazing Tartar or to the delicious veal that I had, but the menu changes every few months, so you will have to find your own dish ;-) .
I can say for sure that you will enjoy visit there. It seems like the crew actually enjoys creating these wonderful tastes and fancy plate decorations.
This restaurant is clearly one of the best that I've visited.

Reviewed 4 September 2013

I've been traveling to Bremen on business over the past few years so I'm always looking for new restaurants. The Urbano is definately my favorite. The place is very clean, the staff is friendly, and the three meals I've tried so far have all been superb. I'm not usually crazy about duck but this dish was great. The waitress Liva is very lovely indeed!