“Absolutely excellent”

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Kimberly, Oregon
“Absolutely excellent”
Reviewed 13 April 2011

First I would like to thank all those who gave a great review for this choice little restaurant. From the warm welcome when we arrived to the sublime rhubarb sorbet for dessert, the evening was a great way to end a long day on the train from Copenhagen. The portions were the perfect size for each course. The meal started out with a small appetizer compliments of the chef (lightly cooked tuna, lentils and a light foam of white tomatoes), next an absolutely amazing caper soup with a small portion of perfectly presented pork and a small light toast. The main course was small medallions of port tenderloin and a portion of beef prepared as I have never tasted, it was delightful. These were served with garlic spinach, small cubes of beet and ravioli. Excellent wine was recommended and the evening was ended with sorbet of rhubarb and blood orange. The waiter was patient with us and translated the menu with his recommendations. I can't say enough about the dinner we had. When I return to Bremen, I will definitely return to this restaurant. I feel very fortunate to have found it through tripadvisor. In addition, the small space and beautiful interior made the dinner relaxing. Please, if you visit Bremen, don't miss this dining experience. Those that have mentioned that the price is a little high, perhaps don't understand the value of truly creative food. I am a dedicated foodie and have not had a more enjoyable dinner in all the countries I have visited.

• Visited April 2011

bad homburg
“Superb!”
Reviewed 28 December 2010

Thursday 23 December: snow all over...it was no wonder that only 10 guests were present (maximum appeared to be 28 when I counted the chairs/tables). However from the moment we entered (covered in snow!) to the time we left some hours later...a wonderful experience. This restaurant is almost worth the trip to Bremen on its own. As others have said: this is not an easy place to find- indeed without the reviews written here I would not have found the place either...it is situated in a purely residential area...but worth the effort to find.
Table for two...I decided to try the 4 course "surprise" menu and was not at all disappointed. Not the cheapest meal in town, but excellent value for money. My partner didn't want so much- and didn't really feel enthusiastic about the main courses offered separately on the menu..however one of the Vorspeise/starters did attract her attention..."is it possible to have this starter as a main course please?" No problem...and the result was an excellent meal of suitable proportion. My 3 other courses were shared to a small degree and we were both suitably impressed with the ingenuity of combinations employed as well as the excellence of quality and preparation. The sauces presented were fantastic with each course. The wine book indicated an excellent, albeit not cheap, variety of wines. However since I was alone with the wine I simply asked for two glasses of house wine to accompany the unknown 4 course meal. Both were of good quality.
Thank you for those who have publicised this out of the way and unusually good restaurant on this site...without you we would not have been aware of the place and would have foregone an excellent evening. Not cheap, but well worth the extra Euros for the experience...culinary and service are first class, without trying to be pretentious. As good as restaurants with "Stars"..try it and enjoy.

Bremen, Germany