“Delicious food!”

Neighbourhood: Altstadt
Kilkenny, Ireland
“Delicious food!”
Reviewed 7 January 2014

I love these kinds of restaurants! The food here is cooked perfectly and everything that should be creamy is a little extra creamy, every thing that should be sweet is a little extra sweet! It's old and quaint inside too. What I would say is that this place isn't cheap, so I ordered off the intermediate course menu (prices are closer to what prices would be in an average restaurant). I found the service to be quite good and I loved the dessert wine!

• Visited December 2013

Bath, United Kingdom
“Excellent food and service with chocolates to die for”
Reviewed 4 November 2013

One of the "must visit" sites in Bremen is the Schoor, part of Bremen’s old harbour district whose series of picturesque narrow streets are filled with people and craft shops. This may sound like a trashy tourist hot spot but it is not. OK there can be lots of visitors but the shops are not full of overpriced "tatt" - there is good quality to be had here.
We tried a small coffee shop for some cakes (why are the most lovely cakes contain so many calories?)
Our party of 6 found Schroters (number 13 in the Schoor) and what a find. We ate in the glass covered summer/winter restaurant area

What with good food and service and good value - what more could you ask for?
We were expertly served throughout the meal. We can recommend anything on the menu.
Our group raved about the fish (my wife found that the sauces did not overpower, but complimented the perfectly cooked fish. My hamburger was astounding – not only was it large, I asked for the meat to be cooked blue, and it was. This is one of the tastiest burger I have ever had.

Do I hear you say "chocolates?" Well next-door at number 14 is yet another arm of Schroters here they are renowned for their chocolates, patisserie and confectionary. There are regular demonstrations of the art of the chocolatier. So, when you leave the restaurant go out through the small cafe and feast your eyes on the amazing range of chocolates on display. If you are full after your meal - buy some for later!

This restaurant is a must go to in Bremen city centre

• Visited October 2013
Houthalen, Belgium
“Great food and service”
Reviewed 27 August 2013

The food was great and the whole staff made you feel very welcome. Excellent service. a real recomendation

Visited August 2013
1 Thank Eddy B
Madrid
“One of the best restaurants in Bremen”
Reviewed 16 February 2012

The atmosphere is great, the service wonderful and the food generous and tasty. German with sophisticated touches. They have wonderful desserts too!!

Norway
“Excellent - except for the head waiter”
Reviewed 7 December 2011

We were a group of 22 travelling to Bremen in early December. Through an excellent agency in Prague, we made agreements with six restaurants. With such a large group, the majority of the restaurants demanded that we should order and pay in advance. This was also made ​​by the agency in Prague.

We ate our final dinner in Schröter's Leib und Seele. The restaurant is idyllic situated in Schnoor, with a friendly staff and excellent food. We got a separate room, which is good for us - and for the other guests.

Everything was perfect until the bill came to the table. Then the restaurant required payment for food and drink, even though the food was pre-paid. The head waiter was not at all interested in discussing this, and asked us to pay the entire bill without discussion. When I suggested that he should contact the agency that had booked, he was completely dismissive. I therefore called my contact in Prague and asked the head waiter talk to her. This solved the problem.

I did not get a word of apology from the head waiter. "This is a lot of money for us", he said. Well, 800 Euros is also a considerably amount of money for us too...

Go to Schröter's if you want to eat well, but do not expect any kindness in the event of misunderstandings or problems.

• Visited December 2011