“Amazing!”

Ranked #2 of 32 things to do in Bremerhaven
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Reviewed 13 July 2014

I loved the Klimahaus, it was not what I was expecting at all,
It was fun and very interesting, I enjoyed going through all the differnent Climates and it made me feel as though I was in all these different countries.
If Given the chance I would go back, and spend more time in each destination, But I still loved it so much, and would recommend to anyone.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

As a travel journalist, I have visited numerous ‘attractions’ but rarely ones that deserve to be labelled as a “must see” - but The Journey Along 8deg East 34min at the Klimahaus in Bremerhaven, Germany, is an “absolute must see”.

Poetically, and accurately, described by Bob Geldof as “a love letter to our planet”, the Klimahouse presents a tour around the world along longitude 8 (from Bremerhaven via Switzerland, Sardinia, Niger, Cameroon, Antarctica, Samoa, Alaska, Holm Langeness and back to Bremerhaven). The visitor experiences the changing climates and fauna, but even more exhilarating is the way that the exhibits encourage you to understand and ‘meet’ the people in each location.

This is exemplified by showing how each community opts to mark the line of longitude, which varies from people holding hands to a painted white line (through houses!), a row of candlelights in coconut shells, and so on.

DO NOT MISS THIS ONE!

1  Thank Neil S
Reviewed 23 May 2014

This is a really imaginative way of learning geography! The building itself is stunning and the interactive exhibitions were really well thought out. We all loved it but I won't spoil the surprises by giving away to much. It's a multi-sensual experience that should not be missed - go there and explore!

1  Thank Culture_FanWales
Reviewed 26 December 2013

Outstanding museum. Please consider to bring time with you. Our visit took about 5 hours with a few breaks and we skipped Germany at the end.

1  Thank MarioGerman
Reviewed 27 September 2013

The Klimahaus is pretty cool. I really had no idea what to expect when going in, except that the friend we were visiting liked it. It takes you on a trip through a line of longitude starting in Bremerhaven and going around the globe. The individual country sections are very different and unique, and they even replicate things like humidity, water features, snow, and intense desert heat. It was like a mix of a museum, a travel guide, an environmental ecosystem lesson, and an art installation. We'd definitely recommend it.

1  Thank CostaRicaOutsider