“Good deal, great service”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Hotel Walhalla

Hotel  Walhalla
Hotel Walhalla
Ranked #26 of 37 Hotels in Potsdam
Dusseldorf, Germany
“Good deal, great service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2013

Had a business trip to Potsdam and arrived close to midnight. No problem here. Rooms clean and quite. Service is good, very friendly people. The breakfast was amazing. Fresh fruits included. Wifi no problem. The only thing I missed was a little table in the room.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Copenhagen, Denmark
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2013

I arrived late with a booking in my hand, but the hotel have only 8 very nice rooms, so the restaurant manages the check in. This did not bother me, but unfortunately the restaurant manager really have a stupid attitude towards hotel guests. I told him I had a booking of a double room, and my housbond was joining me later, but he then gave me a single room with 2 separate beds. Then i asked for a double bed, because this was what i paid for and what reservation said, after which he gave me the next room with a 140 large bed. I was tired and did not argue then. The next morning we talked to the nice hotel management, and they apologised, and gave us the right room.

Breakfast was very different from morning to morning, only on sunday when the restaurant had a brunch buffet it was fresh. Unfortunately the restaurant manager placed us just in front of the nice buffet, and then yelled at us when our boy took a croissant in the belief, that all that food was the promised breakfast. but no, we needed to go to the other end to get breakfast, which was a totally different quality.

So if you do not care about the food or choose to go out in the city, we can recommend this place, but we feel sorry that the restaurant treats hotel guests so bad and only seems to serve what we have paid for with disdain and in an intimidating atmosphere.

Room Tip: Do not arrive late! And avoid breakfast and the restaurant in general.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
5 Thank froekensuhr

Travellers are raving about these Potsdam hotels

Wroclaw, Poland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 September 2012

I arrived to the hotel late in the evening it appeared that there is no reservation I made weeks before and they didn't offer any help... no extra rooms, no extra pillows, duvets etc. and at the end at 11pm I had to look for other accommodation in hotels in Potsdam... I didn't hear even word "sorry" from them...basically no customer service at all...

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank Ounikia
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2012

Stayed one night in this funky little place in a fashionable part of Potsdam. Funky is one word for it - though some might think it tries a little too hard to be so. Still, though small, our room was clean and functional and staff were briskly helpful rather than obsequious. Good for those who prefer a little idiosyncrasy to conventional service and decor.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple