All reviews close to the main train station long bridge reasonable size big windows coffee maker rent a bike modern hotel nice room business travel parking space parking place breakfast buffet is hotel staff hotel is great comfortable beds rooms are large air condition
Reviewed 15 June 2018

Some aspects of the room were a little disappointing with the shower not fully & correctly working together with failed light bulbs that had not been replaced. Overall however the hotel was comfortable and efficient

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Danilo C, Manager at Mercure Hotel Potsdam City, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2018

Dear guest,
On behalf of our entire staff here at the Mercure we apologize for the concerns you have about your experience at this hotel.
We appreciate the feedback and will use it to fine tune our operations in the hope that upon your next visit, we can meet or exceed your expectations.

Reviewed 28 May 2018

On the positive side: staff were professional and the bed was comfortable but room 1509 (a suite) is about 30 years overdue a revamp The furniture in the lounge area is very uncomfortable and outdated. There is no lighting in the lounge area further emphasising the lack of utility of this space. There weren't even bedside tables which would be so easy to provide. Car parking was limited. Entry to the hotel parking was poorly signed.
I understand that much of the hotel has been refurbished but room 1509 was a total disappointment to me. Book this room only if you want a trip down memory lane to the 60's.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank trek11739

Reviewed 21 May 2018

I stayed in this hotel with my husband who was on a business trip. We stayed in a standard room on the 13th floor.

The absolute best thing about this hotel is the awesome breakfast: lots of variety, and you really can eat enough to be full for half a day.

Otherwise, its an average hotel.

Its clean and organized, staff is friendly enough. Its conveniently located within 5 minute walk to the train station to Berlin.

However, I felt that the room is tiny and very claustrophobic. Also, there was no mini fridge or a coffee maker. Cleaning staff spoke not word of English (I did not expect it) - but this resulted in a 5-minute "conversation" where she was telling me something in German and refused to accept that I just did not understand.

I also was unlucky enough to have some sort of fair set up shop in the plaza below the hotel & play the same stupid pop music over and over for hours - this is of course not the hotels fault, but perhaps the rooms need better widows.

Perhaps the more expensive rooms are better.

Room Tip: Try the more expensive rooms.
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank anna a

Reviewed 21 May 2018

Visited this hotel on a business trip. I had stayed here many times before. The hotel has undergone renovation of the rooms, but this resulted in the rooms no longer offering a fridge. The fact that I always had a fridge in the room and now all of sudden didn't anymore was unsatisfactory. I contacted reception and all they said is that I should book a more expensive room, but that was never the case before. To me this means a downgrade in service. Contacting the manager did not help either. If this is the service I may expect, it was my last stay at this hotel

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business

Reviewed 22 December 2017

It was a great stay at Mercure Hotel Potsdam City. We were invited by a great guy at the reception desk who explained everything in perfect English and even advised us about "2 for 1 breakfast offer". He also told us all we needed about Christmas Market and gave us a map of Potsdam.
We had a nice room at 13th floor, really quite.
Just 2 things from my experience:
1. Use the parking at the back of the hotel if you stay longer (cheaper than the hotel's one, 7€ vs 12€ for 1 day).
2. The bathroom is pretty small (toilet and shower together, sink at the other side of the door - quite uncomfortable solution when you need a moment of privacy).

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple