“Great Croatian Experience”
Review of Adriatic

Adriatic
Ranked #45 of 328 Restaurants in Potsdam
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Barbecue, European, Soups, Croatian, German, Contemporary, Eastern European
Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Dania Beach, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Croatian Experience”
Reviewed 30 November 2013

My husband and I were looking for a classy restaurant with excellent food that we wouldn’t find in either England or our home in Florida. The Adriatic met all our expectations. We walked past at 6.30pm on a freezing Friday November night and noticed how busy it looked. We only had to wait 10 minutes for a table and were served a Croatian style aperitif whilst we waited. Despite the menus being all in German, the manager Jeronim Bradaric translated and provided us with his recommendations. The service was fantastic, the food wonderful and the Croatian wine extremely palatable. I would definitely return and recommend this wonderful experience. My only advice would be to make a reservation as this restaurant can only get more popular.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank lotte_purkis

• Polish first
Summerside, Prince Edward Island, Canada
“A "go-to" restaurant in Potsdam”
Reviewed 1 November 2013

I really didn't know what to expect when I looked at the menu from the street. It looked reasonable enough, and because my wife and I eat low-carbohydrate/high-fat food, we always have to look for options without rice, potatoes, and bread. Meat, vegetables, cheese... Adriatic has an extensive menu, and while normally that would concern me, in this case, they make it work.

The restaurant was busy when we entered; we barely found a small table for two. The staff greeted us efficiently, but with a smile. I ate soljanka http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soljanka and pljeskavica http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pljeskavica, while my wife ate a spinach/broccoli/baked gorgonzola appetiser and the Gourmet Plate with three meats, vegetables and potatoes. (We decided to indulge in potatoes this time.)

It all tasted fantastic. I don't want to oversell this place, but we immediately decided that this had become our "go-to" restaurant in Potsdam. When we come back to town, we will attend a conference, and I will insist that we bring a few dozen people to Adriatic.

A busy restaurant that still brings soup out piping hot. I just don't see that very often. The people at Adriatic are really doing something right, and I hope they keep doing it until we come back!

You will not regret your meal at Adriatic. Enjoy.

• Visited November 2013
Lippstadt, North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany
“Very nice restaurant”
Reviewed 23 August 2012

This really has been our favourite restaurant in Potsdam. The menu doesn't only offer "Adriatic" meals but also local Havelland dishes. The food is very good, the staff is very friendly and helpful. Local people obviously like to go their celebrating birthdays, jubilees etc, so it's a bit crowded and loud sometimes.

• Visited August 2012