“Worth visiting”

Ranked #1 of 317 things to do in Hamburg
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Miniatur Wunderland is the world’s largest model train exhibit, and still growing. See trains running through recreations of Hamburg and the coast, Austria, the Grand Canyon and Scandinavia.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Antwerp, Belgium
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 40 helpful votes
“Worth visiting”
Reviewed 21 October 2013

However I am a woman, I liked it a lot and would certanely recommend visiting. Especially because it is a unique in Europe.

• Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Livingston, United Kingdom
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Maybe the greatest attraction ever!”
Reviewed 21 October 2013

This might be the best attraction I have ever been to. It is simply phenomenal. At first I thought the entrance fee was steep, but once I was inside I would have been willing to pay more. In the entrance hall there are various different set up which are recreated through the ages to show the differences which have changed. The is also commentaries for a few of the set ups which point out the main changes and goings on within each set up. I thought that this kind of thing would continue through the full layout but how wrong I was. We walked up stairs to find an enormous layout. Working trains, cars, boats, people, planes, cranes, cable cars. I felt like a child again! It was excellent. There are layouts of Hamburg, Las Vegas, the Alps, Grand Canyon, Scandinavia - the list goes on. There are plans of Rome, Pompeii and others in progress. The detail in these layouts is outrageously good. Each layout moves through a 24 hour period. Night comes - street lights go on, car lights etc. Just excellent. If you are in Hamburg, no matter what age you are, you must, must, must go and see this!

1 Thank Zidane900
Windhoek, Namibia
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 65 helpful votes
“Amaaaazing!”
Reviewed 18 October 2013

Loved it! The details are absolutely amazing, you can stand in front of any part of the display for 10 minutes and not take in all the details.

Visited August 2013
Piracicaba, SP
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Good”
Reviewed 16 October 2013

It was nice. I went in the morning but it has a 55 min "line" so I bought tickets for later. I suggest to look in the internet to by it before you get there or be prepared to wait or come back later as I didi. Would be better if I was with my kids ( 6 and 7 yo) . They would have loved it !

2 Thank DEHM
Chicago, Illinois
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“I would see it again!”
Reviewed 15 October 2013

The miniature wunderland was really a wonder! There is so much to see that you need hours to really enjoy the place. There are so many hidden gems in each of the displays. The timeline of Berlin was the best part for me.

Visited July 2013