“Very good steaks and service.”

[M]eatery Bar + Restaurant Hamburg
Reserve a table
Ranked #32 of 4,702 Restaurants in Hamburg
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Neustadt
Description: "Meat", "Eat" und "Meet" verschmelzen zu [m]eatery und geben dem innovativen Steakhouse seinen Namen. Neben den besten Steaks der Stadt sind auch verschiedene Tartar-Spezialitäten, herrlich gegrillter Fisch und hausgemachte Burger ein Highlight. Die Wein- und die Cocktailkarte sind auf die besonderen Gerichte des [m]eatery Restaurants abgestimmt. Unser Rindfleisch hat mehrere Herkunftsländer. Neben den europäischen Rindern beziehen wir das beste Fleisch aus den USA, Südamerika und anderen Ländern, wie Neuseeland und Irland. Die Dry-Aging-Zellen wurden speziell für unser [m]eatery Restaurant hergestellt. Das europäische Rindfleisch altert für mindestens sechs Wochen am Knochen. Der spezielle Alterungsprozess ergibt extrem zartes Fleisch mit einem konzentrierteren und intensiveren Geschmack. Im Sommer findet auf der Dachterrasse der [m)eatery Hamburg die [m]eat49 statt - die beste After-Work-Party in Hamburg!
Reviewed 8 October 2017

Thanks to TA recommendation, I dined here 3 times during my stay in Hamburg. I returned because it was near my hotel and I was warmly welcomed by name by the staff. Thank you. There was a variety of steaks and sizes and my different choices were cooked to order each time. There was an large list of quality wines. The lemon sorbet with Belvedere vodka for dessert was something else! The staff were very attentive ... thank you Alisa and Martina for the lighthearted banter. This steakhouse was high-end but you got what you pay for.

Date of visit: October 2017
1  Thank SrRonaldo

Reviewed 11 September 2017

I had dinner here with a colleague during a recent business trip. The staff are very friendly and knowledgeable of the different cuts of meat. We had beef and veal tartare to start - this comes with a variety of options for preparation. Robespierre and Veal Crown for our mains and a couple of delicious dessert to finish off. The quality of the meat is excellent. They have an extensive wine list and a good selection of other alcohol.

Date of visit: September 2017
Reviewed 1 September 2017 via mobile

I'm vegan, my partner is dairy free omnivore.

He'd been really accommodating the whole trip-going to vegan and veggie/vegan places for food, and he wanted to try somewhere that was good for his tastes.

He had the small beef steak and noted it was the best food he'd had on the trip.

They have a vegetarian option on the menu, but it contains dairy, so they made me something specially-an avocado burger and chips.

My partner asked for regular water and a bottle of 8.5€ mineral water arrived on the table, so my advice would be to ask specifically for tap water. It might be a flashy place, but it's wasteful to spend that much money on a product which you could buy in the supermarket for a third of the price.

All in all, if you want a special meal and have the money for this, I would recommend it.

Reviewed 27 August 2017 via mobile

We came here for dinner our first mighty in Hamburg. Food was pretty average, nothing spectacular. The lobster wirh the turf and surf was not fresh. Service staff was very nice. It's located a nice area so easy to get around to other bar.

Reviewed 20 August 2017 via mobile

This is a truly outstanding restaurant. We were all (family of 4 w very different preferences) thrilled by the food, drinks and service. The taste and choice of tartars is unexpected and amazing. Danilo (our waiter) is just great! Highly recommended!