Lindner Park-Hotel Hagenbeck
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$321
ARCOTEL Onyx(Hamburg)
US$141
Orbitz.com
  • Room Service
All reviewsafrican themerecommend this hotelstar hotelbreakfast servicemy colleaguebusiness trip to hamburgnice hotelrain showercity centreexcellent breakfastmetro stationspacious roombusiness hotelgood sizeeasy accessclose to the airportlinden
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 18 March 2011

Two nights in a 1st class room on the 2nd floor. If you're not too bothered about being in the centre of the city, then this could be a good option. Basically a good four star hotel, very nice room, a rain shower that was more like a tropical downpour shower, excellent breakfast and decent bar and restaurant meals. But then you pay €9.95 for 24 hours internet and €27.50 for breakfast. The usual form, then. My room was nice and quiet during the sleeping hours, but if you're light sleeper you would not have got a lie in much past about 8am. I'd happily stay here again, especially if travelling on business.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank Undateable
Reviewed 13 November 2010

I was here for two nights and three days on a conference. The hotel would be a typical hotel in the business/smart bracket except for its theme, which makes it much more memorable. The hotel, being next to the zoo, is not necessarily convenient to all, although it is close to a U bahn station.

As the other reviewers have stated, each floor of rooms is themed; I was in an Africa room and certainly I wont forget some of the decoration in there. The room was comfortable, although mine was a little cold (everyone else seemed to have rooms that were too hot, mine was on the end of the corridor so perhaps suffered from that). The most bizarre part for me was that my room smelt of zoo animals, which I initially took as being part of the theme until I discovered no one else was experiencing the same in their rooms. Never did get to the bottom of that but it wasn´t so strong (just) that it disturbed me.

The conference was in the hotel and the hotel has some superb rooms for this kind of event, large, spacious and flexible so that you could have smaller rooms as needed as well. I also felt that we werent impinging on the other guests too much, which can happen sometimes when there are 100 people at an event in a hotel where you are staying.

Food was very good (if pricey), absolute no danger of people not finding something they like or sufficient and there was a steady replenishment. Staff were good - 100 people trying to check out and leave their luggage simultaneously could grind some hotels to a standstill but it was handled as efficiently as it could have been, given that there were only two receptionists (although I did wonder why they didn´t put a third on for that).

One of our evening events was held in the Tropical Aquarium of the Zoo which I believe can be organised through the hotel if you are running a similar event to ours.

For me, if it is convenient, this would be a hotel I would definintely recommend for a business trip.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 September 2010

I only stayed one night in this hotel and it was almost 6 months ago. I have made 5 business trips since then plus 2 family holidays. However, I still find myself remembering this hotel from time to time. The interior design is amazing - themed and lavish with some bedroom floors being African and some Asian. I was in an Asian room and my colleague in an African one and both were beautiful. The rooms were also large and very comfortable. I sincerely hope to have more business in Hamburg very soon.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 August 2010

Based on the pictures and reviews I was expecting a very exotic place in the midle of Hamburg, but unfortunately, it was more like a nicely decorated Hotel. The rooms were pretty small but clean with comfortable beds. Anyway I would see it as a little overpriced especcially as no breakfast is included. The service I have to say was very good. And the elevators are cute. The light is changing depending on which floor you are. I would say its a good place to explore Hagenbecks Zoo.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 August 2010

Every floor is designed differently. From Asia to Africa. Spacious room and spacious bathroom. Friendly staff. Hotel is clean and inviting. The Hagenbeck Zoo is right around the corner. Breakfast was worth the money.
Location is a bit of the beaten path. With the metro a 15 to 20 minute ride. Metro located within walking distance.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple