“Great sushi - service and atmosphere a bit cold” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of ONO by Steffen Henssler

ONO by Steffen Henssler
Ranked #24 of 3,583 Restaurants in Hamburg
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Neighbourhood: Hoheluft-Ost
“Great sushi - service and atmosphere a bit cold”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2013 via mobile

The sushi here is as amazing as in henssler, the other restaurant thats owned by the same chef. The restaurant is located in the falkenried houses, which is a new modern area with tall glass towers - this is the style of the restaurant - modern clean and personally we found it quite a cold atmosphere. The service was good, not over the top amazing but they were alright. I still prefer henssler a lot over this relatively new place bcs of the much nicer atmosphere. In both places the kitchen is open which is always very nice when eating sushi bcs you see that everything is done fresh. I can recommend both restaurants but for a special dinner i would definitely go to henssler, ono is more quite, minimalistic and there is not that much ambiance going on.

• Visited April 2013

Switzerland
“most creative sushi ever”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 September 2013 via mobile

The quality of the sushi this restaurant ist just amazing. Most impressive is the creativity if the sushi chef, you can get the traditional sushi but also new creative and absolutely delicious variants.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank ebna
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Awesome sushi in Hamburg”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2013

After 5 days eating excellent German, Portuguese and Swiss origin I was in need of a sushi fix. My wife and I had been recommended to Hansler and Hansler from everyone we asked, but they were, unfortunately, on holiday in early July. We were fortunate to meet a taxi driver on our first day who had made several superb recommendations for dinners, and had made a practice of calling Levant for recommendation and transport every day he was working.

On our last day we called him to take us to the airport and had time enough for a sushi lunch on the way, so we invited him to join us. When he learned that H & H was closed, he got on the phone to get another recommendation from friends. He was told that Ono was a member of the H & H family to our great delight. It was a rare beautiful day in Hamburg and when we arrived he negotiated an outside table in this elegant restaurant and neighborhood.

What followed was a unique experience of gourmet proportions. My wife ordered a sashimi salad that was presented in an attractive and plentiful arrangement with an Asian inspired mustard based dressing. The tuna and salmon sashimi atop the fresh, varied greens were as fresh and tender as any I've eaten in Japan or China. I ordered some of my standard favorite Nigiri (Tuna and Yellow tail) which were garnished with peppers and onions. Unique presentations that were great compliment to the wonderful fish. I always enjoy Tempura Shrimp Maki and this one did not disappoint. Stepping out of the box a bit I ordered lobster sushi and what a treat! Once again the garnish was wonderful. I also tried their “KO roll”, which was not to my taste due to some vegetables included in the mix, but very fresh and full of flavor.

I heartily endorse this restaurant and will definitely return when I find myself in Hamburg.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
“Good food in a busy place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2013 via mobile

Lots of people on a Monday evening, fusion menu, tasty food, reasonable prices, fun place to be with friends!

• Visited May 2013
Hamburg, Germany
“great upscale sushi place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2013

this is what i call an upscale sushi place. kinda fushion but with modern atmosphere.
we can always count on fresh fish and sushi is great.
staff is ok in friendly service but efficient.
always with reservation. parking is limited but when one craves for sushi late night, stop by.
drinks are great.