“Fantastic food, fantastic décor, fantastic service”
Review of Schiffer Borse

Schiffer Borse
Ranked #66 of 3,798 Restaurants in Hamburg
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: St. Georg
Reviewed 14 October 2013

During my recent trip to Germany I sampled many restaurants and Café's in Berlin and Hamburg, I have to say this was hands down the best of the bunch. Firstly the décor inside is pretty awesome with a really unique set up, very warm and interesting. The menu was not extensive but the choices were such that between 3 of us we all had a different starter, main and desert simply because there was something for all of us here. The food came out remarkably quickly despite the staff having to serve a table of 30+ and it was clearly freshly made. Delicious and good portions at a price I was happy to pay considering the quality. We all left healthy tips which I don't normally unless the food and service is very good. Also one of the few restaurants we found happy to provide free tap water.

The restaurant is next to the main train station and I cannot recommend highly enough.
Thanks to the staff for a great experience

1  Thank Dandrews101

Reviewed 10 October 2013

Went into the restaurant with some friends on a whim as the exterior looked a bit different to the many kebab shops round the corner.

The staff were friendly and very efficient. All of our courses came out very quickly, even when a large group of 30+ came in and all ordered at once!

The food was very good, with generous portions which were absolutely delicious. I had a herring starter that came out on dark rye bread, balanced by sweet red onions. For the main course I had salmon with cooked spinach a rice in a creamy dill sauce that was one of the nicest salmon dishes I have had (and I do love my seafood!).

As we had starters and mains the dessert was free which was a nice touch. I had the poppy mouse with a red berry sauce that was the perfect way to end the meal.

Price-wise it isn't the cheapest however as I mentioned, the dessert was free with the other two courses and the quality of the food and high level of service more than makes up for the price.

We all agreed that it was a shame we weren't in Hamburg longer so we could go there again!

Reviewed 11 June 2013

This is a nicely decorated dining place . Wooden tables and chairs adorn the area . Displays show old naval ships and different types of memorabilia . I made a mistake of choosing fish which was made raw (it was supposed to be indeed raw ) and i didn't realize it . Anyway i made the order because the tour guide highlighted the area as a significant fishing port . My mistake indeed.

1  Thank doctorfoxtrot
Reviewed 24 April 2013

I had soup and a fish with potato salad entree. It was very good and I'd definitely go again. They had a few beers on tap, the service was fantastic and there is also outdoor seating. Right across from the train station.

Reviewed 16 March 2013

Literally a stones throw from the main station is this delightful restaurant serving great german food and beer in unique surroundings. At lunchtimes there is a special menu available with soup, main course and coffee for a very reasonable price. Why on earth eat at a junk food outlet at the train station when you can relax away from the masses with a nice cold beer!