“Traditional German Fare”

Ranked #60 of 3,825 Restaurants in Hamburg
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: St. Georg
Reviewed 29 November 2013

Despite what some other reviews mat state there is a good choice of both meat and fish dishes here. The decor is distinctive which you either like or loath - we like it and it seems to fit in well with the traditional german service that you get here. We have no complaints about the portion size or the quality of the food. Hamburg is a city we visit regularly for the Christmas
Markets and we always have at least one meal here every time.

Reviewed 28 October 2013

I went there for a late lunch - pretty amazed by their interior design.
Food isn't as astonishing as the design of restaurant though.

Reviewed 16 October 2013

Whenever I'm in Hamburg I try to visit this fabulous place near Central Station. Impressive decor and hands down the best (sea)food in town.

1  Thank ldbroker
Reviewed 14 October 2013

During my recent trip to Germany I sampled many restaurants and Café's in Berlin and Hamburg, I have to say this was hands down the best of the bunch. Firstly the décor inside is pretty awesome with a really unique set up, very warm and interesting. The menu was not extensive but the choices were such that between 3 of us we all had a different starter, main and desert simply because there was something for all of us here. The food came out remarkably quickly despite the staff having to serve a table of 30+ and it was clearly freshly made. Delicious and good portions at a price I was happy to pay considering the quality. We all left healthy tips which I don't normally unless the food and service is very good. Also one of the few restaurants we found happy to provide free tap water.

The restaurant is next to the main train station and I cannot recommend highly enough.
Thanks to the staff for a great experience

1  Thank Dandrews101
Reviewed 10 October 2013

Went into the restaurant with some friends on a whim as the exterior looked a bit different to the many kebab shops round the corner.

The staff were friendly and very efficient. All of our courses came out very quickly, even when a large group of 30+ came in and all ordered at once!

The food was very good, with generous portions which were absolutely delicious. I had a herring starter that came out on dark rye bread, balanced by sweet red onions. For the main course I had salmon with cooked spinach a rice in a creamy dill sauce that was one of the nicest salmon dishes I have had (and I do love my seafood!).

As we had starters and mains the dessert was free which was a nice touch. I had the poppy mouse with a red berry sauce that was the perfect way to end the meal.

Price-wise it isn't the cheapest however as I mentioned, the dessert was free with the other two courses and the quality of the food and high level of service more than makes up for the price.

We all agreed that it was a shame we weren't in Hamburg longer so we could go there again!