Holiday Inn Express Hamburg City Centre
US$281
US$140
Preferred Hotels
  • Restaurant
All reviewslubecker strasserewe supermarketeuropean holidaygroup ticketsmall supermarketboiled eggsdecent staydouble bedtrain systemcontinental breakfastunderground stationincluded in the ratecold meatsshort walkfree wifieasy accessstayed here for nights
Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

Positives : Clean rooms with decent interiors, efficient staff, location averagely good with huge supermarket in the same premises. Good number of cafes nd restaurant around hotel for take aways or sit nd enjoy.
Negatives : I hve been to 4 holiday inn exp in 3 different countries amongst all this had so bad brkfast. 3-4 kinds of bread, tea coffee nd hot chocolate? Ya some time boiled eggs if availabe...hw can sch a huge hotel with so poor breakfast !!! Why not some beans or some boiled vegetables ? Is that really too difficult ?

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank bhavsar1982
hiexhh, Leiter Front Office at Holiday Inn Express Hamburg City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 4 May 2014

Dear guest Gujar,

thanks for your feedback after your stay at our hotel.
We are glad to hear that you were satisfied with your stay at our hotel and that you was satisfied with the location of the hotel, the rooms and the staff.
I regret that you were not satisfied with the breakfast buffet. We offer a continental breakfast buffet- this is the standard off all Holiday Inn Express Hotels in Germany. It is a breakfast buffet without warm dishes- we only offer boiled eggs.

We would be glad to welcome you back at the Holiday Inn Express Hamburg City Centre.

Reviewed 14 April 2014

I stayed at the hotel for a 2 day business trip to Hamburg. The staff were friendly, rooms clean and comfortable. Car parking cost ten euros per day and was located across from the hotel. As the hotel is sat midway between two underground stations, it's a convenient place to be based.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
hiexhh, Leiter Front Office at Holiday Inn Express Hamburg City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2014

Dear guest Aquila2013,

thanks for your positive feedback after your stay at our hotel.
We are glad that you have spent nice days in Hamburg and were satisfied with the location of the hotel, the interior of the rooms and the friendliness of the staff.

We will be glad to welcome you back soon at the Holiday Inn Express Hamburg City Centre.

Reviewed 10 April 2014

This is a good hotel that gives basic service though I thought the rate was a little high for what it was. I have long been a fan of Holiday Inn Express and am an IHG Platinum member. I decided to try this hotel in spite of the price. It appeared to be overpriced for what it was at 126 euro per night going up to 162 euro per night for Friday. While it served my purpose, I don't believe I got a good value. The hotel from the outside was nice enough. The interior was also reasonably nice. I was checked in very quickly by a very polite and efficient attendant. My room was reasonably spacious and clean. The internet worked well throughout my stay. The morning breakfast was OK although the selection was fairly limited. The checkout was equally efficient as the check in and the person was also polite. But I simply did not think I received the value for this stay given the rate. In fact, I moved to the Crowne Plaza for my last night in Hamburg for a much lower rate (97 euro). Something was not right in that comparison. Overall, unless the rate offered is much better, I will not stay at this hotel on my next visit to Hamburg.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Dear guest DebbieK,

thanks for your feedback after your stay at the Holiday Inn Express Hamburg City Centre.
I am sorry that we couldn´t fulfill your requirements and you were not satisfied with the relationship between price and the offered accomplishments.
Our prices differ from day to day and are depending on exhibitions, special Events in Hamburg, Holidays, etc.
But it is nice to hear that you were satisfied so far with our staff, the Internet connection and the interior of the room.

We would be glad to welcome you once again at the Holiday Inn Express Hamburg City Centre.

Reviewed 19 March 2014

Long weekend vacation to Hamburg; Found the HIE most convenient for U & S-Bahn as well as a selection of local restuarants. The room was comfortable, although lacking in furniture such as a suitacase stand. There is Tea/Coffee making facility, although no refrigerator.

The beds are OK, but not so the pillows. Perhaps they have different ones, but didn't ask.

Breakfast & Internet (in room) was free. Breakfast can be a bit manic if you go at a busy time.

Staff were friendly and spoke English.

The a/c was not working & despite reporting it, was not attended to. Rooms on the front with window open are very noisy from the busy road outside. With window closed, the sound reduction is perfect.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
hiexhh, Leiter Front Office at Holiday Inn Express Hamburg City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2014

Dear guest MikeLeics,

thanks for taking the time to give us a feedback after your stay at our hotel.
Nice to hear that you have spent nice days in Hamburg.
We don´t have a minibar in the rooms but you have the possibility to get drinks at our hotel bar or at the vending machine on the ground floor.
I am sorry for the noisy room to the front of the hotel. In normal case the windows are quite good isolated, but if you keep the window open you will hear the noise of the street. For the next time you have the possibility to comment in the booking that you will prefer a room to the backyard.
Thanks for the compliment about our staff.

Reviewed 27 February 2014

One night in Hamburg for 74 EUR, breakfast included. Clean room, clean bathroom, good basic breakfast. A little noisy room facing to Rewe Markt, but noise not really annoying. An hotel far better than many other four or five hotels, and incredibly unexpensive.
Perhaps people at the reception could be more friendly - when I asked if the street parking was free, the receptionist answered me that it was not her problem, she could only answer me about the hotel parking. Ok, but a little more kindness would be appreciated.
And the 5,- EUR Internet wifi simply did not work. When reported the problem to the morning receptionist, again: thank you for letting me know, but no efforts to refund the malfunctioning service.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
hiexhh, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hamburg City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2014

Dear guest Andreasbln,

thanks for taking the time to give us a feedback concerning your stay at our hotel.
Nice to hear that you were satisfied with your stay at our hotel.
Next time you can decide at your booking if you like to have a room to the front of the hotel, to the backyard or otherwise to the side.
Internet is not included in most of the rates. You can book a special rate over the Internet which includes already the Internet, otherwise you can get a member of the IHG rewards club and you can register for this directly at the hotel.
I am sorry that you were not satisfied with the friendliness and the way of handling with complaints.
We will talk to the staff at the reception and will do trainings to avoid such situations.

We will be glad to welcome you back at the Holiday Inn Express Hamburg City Centre.