“Syrian food very recommendable”
Review of Saliba

Saliba
Ranked #82 of 3,835 Restaurants in Hamburg
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 5 August 2014

On a short visit on saturday, based on the recommendation of Tripadvisor we decided to give it a try. Excellent decision, food is great and service was great. Suggestion are the Menus to try a bit of everything.

Reviewed 11 June 2014 via mobile

I had a friend in town over the weekend and discovered this restaurant when we took a break from shopping in the city. We sat outside with our table over looking the canal plus the beautiful town hall. The food was really delicious (had the chicken marinated with 16 spices...delic) and the service was great. It was really packed as it was a warm summers day but we were lucky enough to get a table nonetheless. I will definitely go back!

Reviewed 18 May 2014 via mobile

If you like Arabian food you need to visit this restaurant in Hamburg. The Syrian food is very close to Lebanese food. You should try as a starter the Mazza. Prices are high but still reasonable. I will visit this restaurant for sure again.

Reviewed 24 August 2013

Simply perfectly situated. The location with view on Hamburgs beautiful townhall, shops all within walking distance, one gets the feeling of little Venice.

Saliba, the Syrian restaurant, an institution in Hamburg.

I had Mazza and Felafel as starters and as main dish Couscous Royal. Highly recommend it.

One of the best restaurants I have eaten in.

Reviewed 12 August 2013

Being a fan of middle eastern food, I decided to visit Saliba. I was staying nearby and the Tripadvisor reviews were encouraging.

We were deeply disappointed by the food. I had lamb chops which were ok. Vegatable side dish was poor and my wife's vegetarian dish was even worse. The food is edible and you won't get poisoned but Saliba's offer has nothing to do with good middle eastern food.

From value perspective, Saliba looks even worse. The price level is like in a high quality restaurant, but what you get is what I would call fresh fast food.

I would not recommend this place. I believe Saliba lives thanks to its location and it can trap poor tourists.

1  Thank Tygrys