“Sleep in your suitcase!”

Commundo Tagungshotel
Ranked #266 of 317 Hotels in Hamburg
Crete, Greece
“Sleep in your suitcase!”
Reviewed 1 April 2014

Smallest room we've ever stayed in! Had to negotiate one with another in order to get around the bed. Bathroom even more miniscule - could shave, use the toilet and shower all at the same time. Wired wifi OK for PC, but only 1h free wifi each day (unless you have lots of mobile nos to send codes to! Breakfast buffet extensive but with dragon like service. We had this amazing experience on the weekend when they told us we could not use a tray to get breakfast items - could see guests trying to balance fruit juice, cereal bowl and coffee cup as they walked back to their tables! Really quite dangerous, and ludicrous. Echoes the food police lady of others - and suggests the hotel is far more interested in limiting costs, than looking after its guests! Free parking which is a boon. Noisy exterior, but this didnt bother us (probably our knees were covering our ears...?).

Room Tip: Make sure you get the area of your room before booking - dont know if all of them are 12m2, but othe...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Copenhagen, Denmark
Reviewed 9 July 2013

Tiny tiny tiny rooms. We had to open suitcase ON bed. Bathroom, for me okay, for my boyfriend, he had never seen smaller. NO wifi, and they have four different informations about this WiFi.
The bed, made noise just you move. Okay interior though.
Buffet at night is cheap, but not worth it. The have a food-police-lady there as well. Don't think they understood the concept of buffet.
Breakfast is very good. Many things to choose from. Staff is fiendly and nice.
Too expensive: €61 for a double. Not worth it.

Room Tip: Say a room with window or you could end up in middle rooms.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sarah T

Travellers are raving about these Hamburg hotels

Falmouth, Massachusetts
Reviewed 19 December 2012

The single rooms are really tiny with ''walk-in'' showers, it may be worth the cost staying in a double. No free wifi anywhere in the property :( but they offer free cable internet for pc's.

On the other hand, they offer facilities such as sauna and gym for free and also parking for free. They served good quality breakfast and were flexible with late check out which saved the day.
A little far out of the city center but train and metro are only a stones' throw from the hotel.

Personnel was friendly and that always counts

Room Tip: Stay away from the single rooms unless adolescents are staying there
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank yourgas
Lagos, Nigeria
Reviewed 19 March 2012

I have made a decision to book this hotel for 1 night via a website because the hotel offers a good parking garage.The hotel has about 8 branches and I was supposed to stay in "Ismaning", arrived lately at night after a long driving back from my vacation in Austria. The hotel looks pretty modern. My room was ok, small but fine. In the morning I went to take a breakfast and I was asked by a serviced staff at the restaurant if I already put my breakfast card in the box at the entrance.Seriously, I didn't mention about this card when I did my check-in last night, I left it at the reception but I did answer that staff I'm really the hotel guest by showing my room key. However it seems like she didn't believe me, I needed to leave my breakfast tray there and go back to the room in order to find just "a plastic card" for having my breakfast officially. There were 2 local guests in front of me but they weren't asked so what did that mean??? May be I need to have blond hair??? Unfortunately, I haven't find the card so I went back and told her I'll ask for the card from the reception after I finish my breakfast. I did wonder if the restaurant belongs to the hotel or not? At dining area, there were a lot of people who dressed formally and they watched at me like I was landing in the wrong planet !!! :-)))) just because I dressed casually. So this is the real information, this hotel deserves conceptually for the seminars or any training programms since it belongs to a big telecommunications company. If you're just a tourist you'd better look for another hotel comparing to the price. Anyway I don't think the hotel would mind these comments :-)))

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple