“Red light replacement”

US$203.53*
Guided Bus Tour: Hamburg City Highlights
US$29.93*
and up
Small-Group St Pauli Reeperbahn And Red Light District Nighttime Walking Tour...
Ranked #43 of 339 things to do in Hamburg
More attraction details
Fee: No
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: This long boulevard is Hamburg's infamous center of nightlife and lies at the heart of St. Pauli.
Reviewed 20 July 2014

We lived right on Reeperbahn during a few weekdays. Not much nightlife here during weekdays, the bars that were open were small shady places, probably a great place during weekends. Best hostel ever in this street tho, Pyjama Park Hostel and Hotel.

1  Thank Kornelius L
Write a ReviewReviews (1,686)

Reviewed 20 July 2014

I've seen some things in my time, but i have never experienced anything like this.
So I am told by folk, "Oh you have to go check this place out" So I get the metro to the reeperbahn And I get out the metro station. All I see is Bars, Sex shops and Casinos. (I've been to vegas so this is nothing) Am thinking okay, lets go a walk see what I can find. So I walk up the street and cross the road, BIG MISTAKE, Here I encounter my first prostitute. Now in Berlin if a prostitute approaches you, a smile and a Nein Danka is enough for them to leave you alone. Not here though. I was grabbed and offered all sorts, I was very polite and a no thanks, As I walk away, Another, then another then another then another then another…Constantly for the entire length of the street, they are all standing 20 feet apart and know fine well I am not interesting so they are basically just f-----g with me at this point, Then one grabs me and this is when I lose my patients and tell her to go away in quite an unpolite fashion. I left the area rather promptly and left me with bad experience.

Horrible horrible experience. If you are not interested in the redlight district then avoid, as this is what will most likely happen to you. if you are into that kinda thing then have at it, its a candy land.

2  Thank mick2929
Reviewed 16 July 2014

Maybe because of the time of the day but this area seemed very un-exciting. Maybe worth a visit but only at night. I think there are nicer places to pass the time in Hamburg

Reviewed 19 June 2014

Prior to visiting Hamburg on an overnight stopover from a cruise ship, I was told that this street was similar to the red-light district of Amsterdam. Not having visited Amsterdam, I decided to visit the Reeperbahn purely out of curiosity.

From the descriptions I had been given, I expected to see 'working girls' sitting in shop windows plying their trade. However, on the afternoon I visited, there was no evidence of this, or even of shop windows! The main features of the street, which extends for almost half a mile, appeared to be lots of cafes and establishments offering live shows and table dancing.

It is quite possible that this street takes on a different atmosphere at evening or night time, but certainly during the afternoon, it did not seem particularly seedy, perhaps even semi-respectable, and I did not feel unsafe or threatened in any way to stroll around.

3  Thank Philip N B
Reviewed 18 June 2014 via mobile

Visited with a stag group of decent 30+ respectable people last weekend. There are people drugged and asleep on the pavements/walls/benches. Dodgy characters hanging around the cash machines. Pimps, prostitutes and all the real dregs of society. Out of our group-2 were robbed, 1 attempted and 1 punched in the face by a random stranger who then ran off! There were very little police. 4 euro 50 per drink...Overpriced food. With so many better value options to go to Id honestly just avoid this place-Go Amsterdam, Riga, Dusseldorf, Prague, Budapest-all have similar party areas but much much better!

3  Thank Martyn011