Fairmont Hotel Vier Jahreszeiten
US$282
US$149
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Ibis Budget Hamburg City(Hamburg)(Great Value!)
US$90
  • Pool
US$257
US$145
  • Restaurant
Apartment-Hotel Hamburg Mitte(Hamburg)(Great Value!)
US$97
US$82
Priceline
1,497 results
All reviewswalk in closetleading hotels of the worldfour seasonsalster lakegrand dameclassic hotelbeautiful roombeautiful hotelperfect servicegreat spafifth floorjunior suitecommon areasperfect stayan upgradehotel barvisiting hamburg
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 8 November 2011

Stayed at the Vier Jahreszeiten only one night, regrettably much too short, but had a wonderful dining experience on the premises. Luncheon in a restored art deco, wood paneled room, with two tiers, and smartly attired staff was by default, as our quartet was weary from traveling. But what a wonderful default it was. Fish preparation and service demonstrated extraordinary skill in the kitchen and in the dining room. Wine pairing could not have been better. Concierge helped with dinner arrangements, printed boarding passes, arranged airport transportation with ease.

Room Tip: A room with a lake view is wonderful. This appears to be a large hotel with other options, so specify.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
HVJ_Hamburg, Manager at Fairmont Hotel Vier Jahreszeiten, responded to this reviewResponded 28 November 2011

Dear guest

Thank you very much for the kind comments made on tripadvisor from your last stay at Fairmont Hotel Vier Jahresezeiten Hamburg.

We always appreciate our residents taking the time to let us know when they are content with our staff as well as the service.

Your compliments are a great motivation for our employees and we are looking forward to welcoming you again at Fairmont Hotel Vier Jahreszeiten Hamburg.

Reviewed 7 November 2011

We went for a three days business trip with my boyfriend to Hamburg and had been recommended to stay in the city center at the lake. The hotel was lovely, the employees much warmer than the weather and the room just stunning. We somehow felt like in one of the Grand Dames in London. The afternoon tea in the living room was exceptional.
We appreciated the central location to water, shopping and nightlife and fell i love with the beautiful city and its people.

Room Tip: Have a Lake View Room! A must when in Hamburg.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 1 November 2011

We got a beautiful room on the first floor overlooking the Aalster.
Overall the hotel leaves a tired impression: carpet in the corridors is worn out, paint on some windows is cracked…
Staff is professional and friendly, but not over dynamic.
Breakfast is poor and served in a series of small connecting rooms with practically no daylight.
At night, the lounge with the open fire is cosy and inviting.
Did not live up to the expectations and is substandard compared to Vier Jahreszeiten in Munich

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank WillemL

Dear guest

Thank you very much for your comments on tripadvisor during your last stay at Fairmont Hotel Vier Jahreszeiten Hamburg.

We greatly appreciate your comments. This is certainly not the level of service we pride ourselves in rendering to our valued customers, such as yourself, and for which we gained our reputation. We truly value your patronage and would never take it for granted.

It is my sincere hope that this incident does not keep you up from coming back to Fairmont Hotel Vier Jahreszeiten Hamburg.

Yours Sincerely

Reviewed 30 October 2011

I was in Germany for business and decided to spend the weekend in Hamburg as a weekend off from work. I reserved the hotel on August 2, a Deluxe King Lakefront Room (with balcony on the fifth floor) Nonsmoking, for a stay 29 - 31 October. Based on the website, and reviews, I was looking forward to my stay. But hopes turned to disappointment when I checked in. I was told I had been given an upgrade to a suite on the first floor, however I purposely booked the top floor for the view, and so no one would be walking on the floor above. Given the fifth floor rooms were fully booked, I was forced to settle for the Maria Callas Suite on the first floor -- a wonderful room, but for several reasons (not least of which is footsteps above my head and noise of furniture being moved when they cleaned up downstairs at 11PM and set up at 6AM) it wasn't an upgrade by my standards or expectations. The Customer Service Manager, Herr Heyder, did everything he could to ameliorate the situation, but his options were limited.

While I would recommend the hotel, for the reasons suggested in other reviews, I would suggest that if one wants a specific room type, to not trust the reservation service -- call the hotel directly and be sure to take the name of the person you spoke to, the date and the time. The hotel claims Fairmont reservations only told them the room rate I was paying (I was given a lower rate for the room because I was using an upgrade certificate given to me as a Platinum Presidents Club member) -- they had not been informed what room type I reserved (Fairmont apparently issued me a printed confirmation specifying room type,but they say the information was not given to the hotel). I wonder what Fairmont reservations will say to explain the situation. Regardless, I am left with a room I didn't want and a relaxing weekend that was anything but. My concern now is whether my future reservations with Fairmont will be equally uncertain. But that is a different issue.

So, the bottom line is that this is a wonderful hotel, if you get the room your reserved, but don't have confidence that the room you reserve is the one you will be assigned.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the lake are preferred, but you can't assume the room you reserve is the room you will be given.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
3  Thank RAKlein

Dear guest

We were already in direct contact with you and it is my sincere hope that this incident does not keep you up from coming back to Fairmont Hotel Vier Jahreszeiten Hamburg.

Yours Sincerely

Reviewed 29 October 2011

this hotel is a "grand classic" hotel now operated by Fairmont. The check-in was excellent and my room was on the top floor overlooking the lake. The view along with the balcony which I enjoyed on a sunny October afternoon made for a great visit. The fitness room is outstanding for a European hotel. But perhaps the best treat at the hotel is the main dining room. Reserve in advance and you will have a great meal with fantastic service. My first trip to Hamburg and I found it enjoyable with a lively waterfront to wander around on a Saturday and take a harbor tour. I highly recommend the Vier Jahreszeiten and Hamburg.

Room Tip: A view of the lake is spectacular.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business