Renaissance Hamburg Hotel
US$175
US$163
Official Site
  • Pool
Generator Hostel Hamburg(Hamburg)(Great Value!)
US$47
US$27
Agoda.com
  • Bar/Lounge
Park Hyatt Hamburg(Hamburg)
US$340
US$256
  • Pool
All reviewsgreat locationshopping districtlobby areabreakfast restaurantvery nice hotelcentral locationjunior suitecomfy bedwi fibusiness tripfamily roomwithin easy walking distancenice barnice staypublic transportcityalster
Reviewed 24 January 2012

Generally a decent hotel in a fantastic city location. Downsides: the Broschek rooms are rather small and therefore a bit expensive for what you get.
I had couldn't switch of the air conditioning which appeared to be a known problem. They offered ear plugs (as said known problem) or change of room. As I was already in bed when I realised the noise of the ac I stayed and without ear plugs as I don't like them.
A broken ac can happen (not as a known problem though) but no proper apology or offer of a breakfast is poor customer service and mustn't.
Well, never mind it was only one night and being a frequent traveller to Hamburg I wanted to try something new but I will go back to my usual hotel(s) which provide a better value for money.

Room Tip: Broschek rooms are small, wouldn't want to stay there with 2 people in the room
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank Flinki
Reviewed 15 January 2012

Stayed here for two nights mid January 2012, located just outside the centre of hamburg, in a quiet square within easy walking distance to shopping and site seeing. It is also easily walk able to the lively night spots. The rooms are well appointed and very comfortable, the beds are great, probBly helped by my jet lag, only one minor gripe there is no minibar, this is not a major issue as they have a minibar service in reception. Internet / wifi is not included in the room rate but can be purchased for 12.5 euros per 24 hours unlimited. The breakfast is excellent, with all the options you could ever want and high quality ingredients, excellent pastries, breads, fruits, teas, juices, jams, yoghurts, cereals, coffes, cheeses, cold meats, hot selection as well as an excellent egg chef. At the weekend They extend their breakfast serving hours to mid day, which really helps those that like a little lie in after the night before. This also means for the economy conscious that breakfast and lunch are one and the same. The bar and lounge are very comfortable, and the staff are very helpful and accommodating.
When I was checking out of my room, I was doing the cursory check for anything I may have left behind, when I checked under the bed, I noticed a piece of card, on closer inspection to make sue it was not and important document that I had left it turned out to be a card from house keeping, that said, yes we even clean here too, with the dates and times that it was last signed. Quirky but clever. Would definitely reccomend to others and would return to the renaissance if visiting Hamburg again.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 31 December 2011

Spent 3 days at this hotel right before Christmas.... the staff was great, breakfast was impeccable, room clean and modern. Hotel is close to the amazing shopping district! You won't go wrong with this hotel!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 December 2011

My wife and I have been using this hotel for many - many years, and we are allways
very happy about our stay.
The staff is very friendly and competent, and allways extremely helpful.
The locatin cannot be better. Close to eveything, and easy access both in summer and winter.
Everytime we are in Hamburg, we stay here, and we feel at home!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank JanNorway
Reviewed 17 November 2011

As I write this there is currently a jackhammer and a generator and an orchestra of other construction equipment going about 8 meters from my room window... I need sleep on a Thursday night and it appears the orchestra is just getting louder.

• Stayed: November 2011