Free cancellation until 05/08
  • Breakfast included
US$227
US$187
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$229/night.

Park Hyatt Hamburg(Hamburg)
Free cancellation until 02/08
US$287
Hotels.com
  • Pool
All reviewsgreat locationshopping districtlobby areavery nice hotelcentral locationjunior suitebusiness tripcomfy bedwi finice barbreakfast buffetmin walkpublic transportcityalsterrathausjungfernstieg
Reviewed 1 June 2018

Hi Travellers!

This hotel set in the centre of Hamburg is really well appointed and the reception staff service is excellent.
The young men on reception were extremely helpful and indeed di everything to make an error in the booking correct - so great job guys!

The reception areas and bars are lavish and well laid out and indeed the rooms are great for people watching if you enjoy sitting with some food and a drink! The staff here are also very polite and make the experience as they seek to meet your every need.

There is a nice restaurant where I enjoyed both a lovely evening meal and an excellent breakfast with a super range of foods and a dedicated chef on the eggs and omelettes and again staff so keen to help.

The rooms are very modern and well laid out with a real sense of luxury - I attach some pictures to give a real sense of this.

Enjoy!

Bill

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 31 May 2018 via mobile

As a Gold member I normally choose Renaissance or Marriott hotels, specifically to enjoy the benefits of the loyalty program. This is why I chose the Renaissance hotel for our long weekend to relax in Hamburg.
But what do you know - they have no executive lounge. I never had that problem with any Renaissance I stayed in.
My last stay at the Marriott in Munich I found the same situation. They handle this much better though since they created an alternative members area where status guests enjoy free drinks etc.
This is only opened until 10pm but when I arrived late drinks at the bar were on the hotel. In short - Great service in Munich.

Here in Hamburg, I was told that I receive as a compensation(!!!) breakfast vouchers. Excuse me? I have that breakfast as a members benefit as well - thanks for nothing.

So be aware if this is as important for you as it is for me. The Renaissance Hamburg may not be the place for you.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
MarriottHotelHH, Guest Services Supervisor at Renaissance Hamburg Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2018

Dear hitman_1967,

thank you for taking your time to review your stay at the Renaissance Hamburg Hotel.
I am sorry that you were unaware that we do not have a Members Lounge, we do not advertise a Members Lounge on our booking site.
As far as complimentary breakfast is concerned, this is not the actual membership benefit, however it comes with complimentary lounge access. For that reason, our valued Gold and Platinum Elite Members can choose between breakfast vouchers, or 750 additional bonus points per night.
I hope that you have enjoyed your complimentary upgrade to one of our Studio Suites, and that you were able to make the most of your time here.
Looking forward to welcoming you back when you are next in Hamburg.

Kind regards,
Martina Sautter
Guest Services Supervisor

Reviewed 19 May 2018 via mobile

Spent two nights on a business trip and enjoyed the stay. The hotel is at walking distance from the lake and all major attractions in town. The staff was courteous and helpful. The room was nicely furnished and the bed was very comfortable which from experience is not always a given in this area. Breakfast was good but a bit too expensive. I recommend this hotel.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 May 2018 via mobile

Hotel is located in heart of Hamburg, 5 mins walk to the lake and shopping area. Very helpful staff, big room(corner room). The price is a bit high when there is an event but in general a great place for business travelers.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 May 2018

An international-style, up-scale hotel, without any European flavor, that could be in any major city of the world. Excellent location, staff and amenities but meals and parking expensive (we paid for the valet parking but thought the menu was overpriced and ate elsewhere). Our room was spacious, comfortable and quiet. One difficulty was no internet service for my android-powered smartphone. My google security protection refused to allow me to connect, citing: "Net: Err-Cert-Authority-Invalid", and the hotel staff couldn't correct the problem. I expected better from a Marriott.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family