“Very good- a few hickups”
Review of Park Hyatt Hamburg

Park Hyatt Hamburg
Ranked #5 of 319 Hotels in Hamburg
Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

Very good city hotel. Rooms spacious- maybe a tad on the worn side. That also applies to the décor unless you love worn green and beige. Aircon does not really get cold. Bathrobe not fitting- got fitting one only after mentioning it for the third time. l'Occitaine ameneties- nice! Restaurant solid- not on Michelin level- food average, breakfast only standard for this category- no specials. No fresh buns on sunday- tasted heaps better on saturday. Breakfast did not blow my head off. Lunch and dinner service were ok. Good bar, friendly and professional bar tender. Great footy to watch on 2 big screens. Car cleaning service not up to scratch- car was still dirty inside despite €69 cleaning bill... A few hickups at checkout: they tried to charge me again €60 for the parking although it was already paid- ouch!! You do this only to leave the wrong impression and a bitter after taste right at the end. Staff were generally speaking great, professional, friendly, smiley. All in all a solid performance- albeit nothing special for a 5* Hotel and for that performance a little too expensive. They are better choices available- probably not in Hamburg though... I was not utterly impressed and I was not won over. I might be back... we shall see...

Stayed: July 2014
4  Thank Jionkan
Tashi_Takang, General Manager at Park Hyatt Hamburg, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2014

Dear TripAdvisor User,

Thank you very much for having taken so much of your valuable time to rate Park Hyatt Hamburg. I was delighted to read that you liked our Apples bar and experienced our staff as professional and friendly. I regret that you have not been satisfied with the car cleaning service and I would also like to apolozise for any inconveniences caused by check-out.

I have addressed each point individually with the relevant manager in order that corrective action can be taken immediately and such is not repeated in future.

We hope you us the chance to welcome you back to our hotel in the future.

There are newer reviews for Park Hyatt Hamburg

Reviewed 5 July 2014

We stayed in late June. The hotel, though a bit hard to find, is well-located in the center city. The breakfast is first rate and the rooms are spacious and comfortable. The bellman desk on the first floor is very helpful. We enjoyed the amenities on the club floor. The pool is fantastic and the gym is good. Unfortunately, the rowing machine was broken and according to hotel staff, had been broken for awhile.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Tashi_Takang, General Manager at Park Hyatt Hamburg, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2014

Dear TripAdvisor User,

Thank you very much for having taken the time to share the experience of your stay at Park Hyatt Hamburg. I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel and appreciate your comments about the location, the guest rooms as well as the breakfast.

I regret that you were not able to use the rowing machine at our Club Olympus Spa&Fitness and I would to apologise for any inconvience. I have already addressed these points within the engineering department in order that corrective action can be taken.

We look forward to welcoming you again in the future.

Reviewed 4 July 2014

A one night stay with a mate was very comfortable. Advance purchase and an auction for breakfast via the Hyatt Passport scheme meant it was less than €200 all in - good value for the quality of the experience.

The location is good - very near the best shopping areas and walking distance to the train station for the train ride to the Flughafen airport (€3 each way - take note Heathrow Express).

The staff were excellent - every single person we met was engaging, switched on and very helpful. Everyone spoke excellent English.

Breakfast was a good spread - plus table service for coffees and eggs (an order for poached eggs came back with delicious pancetta and toast with the crusts cut off - nice).

An excellent, good value city centre hotel that is very well run - another hit from Park Hyatt.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank coops9999

Dear TripAdvisor User,

Thank you so much for such extensive feedback and the great amount of time you have taken to share your experience of your stay at Park Hyatt Hamburg!

I was very pleased to read that you had a wonderful time during your stay with us. Our staff members work daily with great dedication to make every guest’s stay a special one. I am happy that your expectations could be met and that we could make your stay a special one. Please be assured that I will share your kind words of appreciation with my team. Your comments the basis for their motivation and your kind words will encourage them to keep on giving their very best.

We look forward to welcoming you in the near future!

Reviewed 30 June 2014

outstanding 5 star hotel with excellent service. We had a standard room with street view but the room was really nice and large! Windows can be opened what I think is a big plus! Bathroom was also very large and with separate shower and bath!! Everything is very stylish in this hotel!
Hauptbahnhof is very near to this hotel but we used the valet parking service which is also available. The hotel is located in the city center with all the shops just around the corner.
Around 11.30 pm there was lots of drilling noice from another building but we were offered another room and when we checked out the hotel apologized again and we didn't have to pay for the valet parking so excellent customer service!!!
Just not enough time to use all the other facilities! Next time at least two extra nights!!!!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Tashi_Takang, General Manager at Park Hyatt Hamburg, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2014

Dear TripAdvisor User,

Thank you very much for having taken the time to share the experience of your stay at Park Hyatt Hamburg. I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your visit at our hotel and I was delighted that you like our guest rooms and especially the bathrooms. I would like to apologize again for any inconveniences caused by noise of construction works next to the hotel.

We look forward to your next visit with us at Park Hyatt Hamburg.

Reviewed 30 June 2014

Stayed here for 3 nights in June. Breakfast is lovely and room is great in terms of size and decor. Subtle elegance I guess. Housekeeping is a little haphazard, sometimes room seemed half cleaned with spare bedlinen left on the side. Was also hassled by housekeeping to checkout early because they were very busy. I understand this but when you are paying for a good hotel it is not unreasonable to be able to stay in the room until checkout time no? Unfortunately that put a bit of a dent on what was an enjoyable stay.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends

Dear TripAdvisor User,

Firstly, I want to thank you for having taken the time to share the experience of your stay at Park Hyatt Hamburg. We are delighted to read that you like the décor and the size of our guest rooms as well as the breakfast at the Apples Restaurant. I regret and I truly apologize that the housekeeping service was not up to Park Hyatt standards. I have already spoken to our Executive Housekeeper about these issues in order the corrective action maybe taken.

Nevertheless we would be pleased to welcome you back to Park Hyatt Hamburg in the future.

Reviewed 27 June 2014

From the receptionist walking me to my room at check in and thoroughly explaining all amenities, to the absolutely beautiful hotel and room, my stay was fantastic. The decor was luxurious but understated throughout. If you are a runner, the hotel is very close to several running paths around the Hamburg main lakes.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank ACRuns
Tashi_Takang, General Manager at Park Hyatt Hamburg, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

Dear TripAdvisor User,

Thank you very much for taking the time to rate Park Hyatt Hamburg. We were pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel and appreciate your comments about the concept and interior of our guest rooms as well as the location of our hotel.

We look forward to welcoming you back at Park Hyatt Hamburg in the future!

Reviewed 25 June 2014

All the staff were extremely kind and helpful.
There is almost unlimited shopping and food right outside the hotel.
We had an amazing room with roof top views.
Walking distance to several nice sights to see as well.
A must see (about a 20 minute walk) is the Miniatur Wunderland. WOW!!! The most amazing train layout I have ever seen in 48 years. Worth every dime. Allow a minimum of 2 hours.
Valet parking was 30 Euros, but, for Europe, that was not crazy.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Douglas H

Dear TripAdvisor User,

Thank you very much for having taken the time to share the experience of your stay at Park Hyatt Hamburg. We were delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and liked our service as well as the location of our hotel. We were also pleased to read that you enjoyed visiting the "Miniatur Wunderland" very much.

We look forward to welcoming you back at Park Hyatt Hamburg in the future!