“Wonderful hotel with sloppy front desk”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Park Hyatt Hamburg

Park Hyatt Hamburg
Ranked #5 of 318 Hotels in Hamburg
The Netherlands
“Wonderful hotel with sloppy front desk”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2014

The Hyatt Hamburg is truly a wonderful hotel. There's a quiet elegance about it that makes for a very comfortable stay.
The rooms are incredibly large for a downtown hotel. The bed is comfortable with luxurious linnen, the bathroom has a closed off toilet area, a separate shower and bathtub and the amenities are high-end.
The TV is rather small for the size of the room, but being able to play your iPhone music via the TV's speakers is great. The wifi worked well.
The gym is complete and the pool, jacuzzi, and saunas are very well designed and useful.
Yet for all my enthusiasm, I found the front office staff sloppy. On arriving at my room after check in, I felt silly not being able to open the room and wondered what I was doing wrong. It turned out that the staff had written down the wrong room number in the card holder, so I was trying to get into the wrong room. On checking out I discovered another mistake just on time, which could otherwise have cost me a lot of problems, if not money. In both cases the apologies for the errors were hardly forthcoming, as if nothing had happened. This is truly disappointing as the facilities, rooms and general atmosphere of the hotel is outstanding.

Room Tip: Had a street facing room, which was very bright and airy, yet very quiet.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank JDSV
Tashi_Takang, General Manager at Park Hyatt Hamburg, responded to this review, 25 July 2014
Dear TripAdvisor User,

Thank you very much for your very positive feedback. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and like the design of our hotel, the facilities of the guest rooms as well as our Club Olympus Spa & Fitness.

I regret that you did not have the perfect experience with our Front Office team and would like to apologize most sincerely for any inconveniences caused. I have already addressed these points to the relevant members of the management team.

Nevertheless we would be pleased to welcome you back to Park Hyatt Hamburg in the future.

Tashi Takang

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Dallas, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2014

The hotel is conveniently located for access of German train system and within blocks of several major sites. The room is furnished with all possible amenities including deep soaker tub, robes & slippers, pillow top bed, safe. The staff is friendly, helpful and very accommodating to any request.

Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels

Dear TripAdvisor User,

Thank you very much for your very positive feedback. We were delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and I would personally like to thank you for having taken the time to share your experience of your last stay at Park Hyatt Hamburg.

armagh northern ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2014

we were attending a party in Hamburg and were recommended the park hyatt by my German friend . location was excellent , especially for shopping . the hotel was full of old world charm . staff were excellent but for me the best part of our stay was breakfast . I can confirm that its the best breakfast I have had in Europe the choice was simply amazing .

loved the hyatt

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Tashi_Takang, General Manager at Park Hyatt Hamburg, responded to this review, 24 July 2014
Dear TripAdvisor User,

Thank you so much for your very positive feedback. I highly appreciate it and I would personally like to thank you for having taken the time to share your experiences during your recent stay at Park Hyatt Hamburg.

Thank you very much for your lovely comment about our breakfast buffet. I'm glad to hear, that you liked the location of our hotel.

We look forward to welcoming you again in the future.

Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2014

This hotel is conveniently located only a block from the lake and other museums and tourist attractions. It is an elegant hotel with clean rooms and large bathrooms. The breakfast buffet is a delight with a wide variety of fresh fruit, pastries and eggs, including an omelet station.

This hotel is designed to accommodate business travellers with great WiFi for multiple devices in the rooms and a station (in the rooms) with electrical outlets for UK, EU and US laptops and chargers.

1 Thank happyrelaxeddudes
Dear TripAdvisor User,

Thank you very much for your very positive feedback. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. In particular, thank you for your lovely comments about the breakfast buffet at our Apples restaurant as well as the location of our hotel.

We look forward to welcoming you back at Park Hyatt Hamburg in the future!

Doha, Qatar
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014

Rooms clean, location great to walk around city, professional stuff friendly helpful and resourceful in my opinion. Noise level very very low ( considering I was there the night Germany won the worldcup and I still managed to sleep very well with window orientated to the street). Really really good stay .... Maybe room could benefit from a little update especially with carpet but other than that really good and comfortable stay. I will not hesitate to come back!

Dear TripAdvisor User,

Thank you very much for having taken so much of your valuable time to post your comments about your recent stay at Park Hyatt Hamburg and thank you for your very good rate. We were delighted to read that you were staying with us, the night Germany won the World Cup and you enjoyed your time at our hotel.

I have to apologize for the condition of the carpet in your room. Please be assured we are doing soft renovation in all areas at an ongoing basis.

New York, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

The Park Hyatt is located in the heart of downtown but is also within walking distance to many of the area's main attractions, including the train station. Although the hotel appears to cater most to business travellers, my wife and i found it to be an exceptionally comfortable and enjoyable place. The public spaces and rooms are immaculate and the front desk was extremely friendly and helpful. Apples restaurant was excellent as well. This was one of the most enjoyable hotel stays (3 nights) I have ever experienced.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels

Dear TripAdvisor User,

Thank you very much for your very positive feedback. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and I would personally like to thank you for having taken the time to share your experience of your last stay at Park Hyatt Hamburg.

Our guests’ satisfaction is what motivates our team to keep on providing outstanding service and offering such personal attention to our guests. So, you can be sure that I will share your appraisal with my colleagues.

Pune, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014

Very close to the train station and not very far from the city. The check in was average. The rooms are large and very spacious. A little dated but very good. Buffet spread for breakfast was very good. Service was good and room service was efficient. Overall a very good hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Tashi_Takang, General Manager at Park Hyatt Hamburg, responded to this review, 11 July 2014
Dear TripAdvisor User,

Thank you very much for rating Park Hyatt Hamburg and thank you for staying with us. We're delighted to read, that you liked the size of our guest rooms, our breakfast buffet as well as our room service.

We look forward to welcoming you again in the future.