Park Hyatt Hamburg
Preferred Hotels
US$192
US$186
  • Breakfast included
Apartment-Hotel Hamburg Mitte(Hamburg)(Great Value!)
US$122
US$102
2,618 results
All reviewsapples restaurantthe club loungeshopping arcadel'occitane toiletriesclub olympusking roomconcierge deskexcellent hotelother star hotelsrain showertrain stationrooms are spaciousthe location is perfecthotel is centrally locatedthe ground floorbreakfast buffet isbeautiful city
FilterAll languages
997 - 1,002 of 2,618 reviews
Reviewed 16 August 2009

We stayed for one night on our way to Denmark. The staff were attentive, friendly and always happy to help. It has been a long time since I have seen such customer friendly staff in a European hotel. We had a superior room which was excellent, breakfast was very good and the swimming pool is worth a visit and a dip. I had a massage treatment during our brief stay and it was one of the best ever.

Also the location is perfect for doing some shopping.

Thank you Hyatt for an enjoyable break.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 July 2009

Nice staff, good roomservice, very good breakfast (expensive but not overpriced). Used Hyatt Gold Passport points but would return paying for staying.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 July 2009

I stayed at the Park Hyatt for a long weekend and more than anything else enjoyed the friendliness and helpfulness of their people. The room (a Queen on the 7th floor) was stylish but on the small side. The bathroom is nicely integrated into the floor plan and looks stunning with its designer sink, but that doesn't necessarily mean that it is the most practicable hotel bathroom I've ever experienced.
The team, though, is truly outstanding and has a service-oriented mindset that can sometimes be hard to find in Germany. Never did I meet a single unfriendly face or somebody who wasn't eager to help.

As others have mentioned, the breakfast selection is high-class and of excellent quality.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled solo
Reviewed 6 July 2009

I have just returned after a two night weekend away of rest at the Park Hyatt Hamburg. On my profile here I have reviewed other Hyatt’s I have stayed at (Grand Hyatt’s in Hong Kong and Tokyo and The Park Hyatt in Istanbul). I had read the other reviews on this site and, given my experience at the other Hyatt hotels, I could not really understand why other reviewers were referring to the Hotel as a “business hotel” as the other Hyatt’s I know are just luxurious and perfectly adaptable to either leisure or business use. I understand now though! I think it is due to the fact that this Park Hyatt was opened 11 years ago.

I booked an ‘Awaken Package’ for a Club floor King room on the Hyatt website. This gave me a late check out to 6pm on Sunday so that I could fully relax before my return flight. All was high level Hyatt. The staff was very friendly. All was in tones of woods – dark to light. Yet why was I not having the same great feeling I had at the other establishments. Was it just that it is in Germany or is it due to the fact that they view themselves and act as a Business hotel and less as the ‘Resort Haven’ feeling you get at other Park Hyatts. The overall impression of the hotel is quite empty with a vast expanse of a lobby which is aesthetically pleasing in warm tones but lacks a certain atmosphere. Entrance from the street is via a first elevator to the lobby area and then a second in front of reception to your room.

I took an upgrade to a Club King Delux room which was very spacious indeed yet its décor seemed more “standardised” than the other Hyatt’s I had stayed at. This I think comes down to the lightness of the furniture. As ever the bathroom with rain and normal shower as well as a good sized tub was of the usually high Hyatt standard yet a plinth of marble acting as a bench just under the rain shower more or less compels one to sit to fully enjoy the experience – I feel this plinth should be optional.

I dined at the Apples restaurant on one evening, yes it was pricey yet the quality and flavours were really good. The staff were more than helpful and informed. Beakfast was also here – it was varied and good though not as good as the breakfast I enjoyed at the other Hamburg Hotel I review on my profile. But then agin It was only really the breakfast I enjoyed there!

The main point of greatness of this hotel – and the reason I will certainly return – is the Spa and pool facilities. The team was really eexcellent - especially the VERY friendly receptionist who helped me way beyond the call of duty, she is really a credit to this establishment. The gym is a real one .. it is very large and very well equipped - not just a room in a basement with two treadmills and a blow up ball. The pool is a real pool and not just a big Jacuzzi without the bubbles and the Jacuzzi is a real Jacuzzi and not just a bath with a bit too much movement for your liking. A real and large tiled steam room and not those fibreglass kit jobs was eccellent. The best plunge pool for afer a sauna (two = two temperatures) I have seen in a long time – though Beware .. not for the faint of heart you either in with a jump or out .. no pussyfooting here! I also booked a deep tissue massage for one and a half hours which was excellent – did not get the name of the male therapist – grey hair and spectacles. That was truly great ! AS they say ……… I’ll be back.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled solo
1  Thank aTRIPinTIME
Reviewed 19 May 2009

The Park Hyatt is a very contemporary yet warm hotel in the renovated 1910's Levantehaus. A small mall occupies the lower two floors, and the hotel is above. The lobby is made of glass, steel, and wood paneling, yet it is not overpowering. The hotel does not make my "best" list, but it was oh, so nice and well-maintained. The competent and gracious staff were also a great asset.

We booked a Park King and a Park Twin on the 6th floor. The rooms were large (over 40 square meters?), connected, and identical except that the beds were separated in the twin. The decor includes panels of warm wood and blue/grey fabrics. The very large bathroom has an open and quirky layout, separated from the bedroom by sliding panels. It is ideal for those with mobility limitations. There is a separate WC, a wide black stone counter, closets, and a marble walk-in shower and tub all in the bathroom. The layout of the rain shower and bench is such that it wets the tub too and creates standing water in the shower area, but housekeeping gets to deal with that problem.

The beds are quite comfortable, and the room is quiet. We appreciated thoughtful touches like a bank of power and internet adapters for most needs, although the internet is expensive.

The breakfast buffet is also steep at 31 euros, but it should satisfy even the picky. There is a wide assortment of hot dishes, as well as dishes cooked to order like eggs benedict, and many choices of fruit, pastries, and cold cuts.

The hotel is only about 200 meters from the Hauptbahnhof, but this side of the train station is very safe, clean, and inviting. Even closer is an U-bahn station and bus stops for easy access to the rest of the city. Monkebergstrasse is a fine shopping street connecting to the Rathaus and the many fine restaurants in the area. The canals and Hafen City are also within a 1/2 km walk.

The Park Hyatt's room rates were comparable with most of the other 5 star hotels in town, but I feel that the large rooms and the good condition of the hotel makes it the clear winner among peers. This is a good choice for families; we saw many taking advantage of the pool and fitness facilities in the basement.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled with family