Park Hyatt Hamburg
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$112
ARCOTEL Onyx(Hamburg)
US$141
  • Room Service
2,628 results
All reviewsapples restaurantthe club loungeshopping arcadel'occitane toiletriesclub olympusking roomconcierge deskexcellent hotelother star hotelsrain showertrain stationrooms are spaciousthe location is perfecthotel is centrally locatedthe ground floorbreakfast buffet isbeautiful city
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 30 June 2010

The rooms are the largest I have seen in Hamburg contemporary interior design and a large B&O TV screen including USB port. The breakfast is the most impressive I have ever seen so far but try lunch and dinner... is very good as well.
The spa and fitness in the basement is quite large as well and offers everthing you would expect.
Shopping and sightseeing is in front of the hotel - perfect.
Although it is of course not the cheapest place in Hamburg it is worth staying there

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 June 2010

Checked in at the Park Hyatt 26. June (in the hotel when writing). I have stayed here some other times aswell. I can't recommend this hotel enough.

Its perfect in all ways. Tastefull interior, very comfortable rooms. The Club Lounge is relaxing and with very friendly staff.The propery is better than most 5 star hotels in Europe.

The reception and concierge does and super job. There is no better hotel to stay in around. I really look forward coming back.

If you are going to Hamburg, this is where you should stay. No argument! Room clean and fresh!

If youre not going to Hamburg, well, go to Hamburg cause its a great city. And whatever you do, stay at park Hyatt!

Thanks for making every stay perfect!!!

Stayed: June 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 June 2010

I am a big fan of the Park Hyatt/Grand Hyatt/Andaz brands and stay with them wherever possible on business travel. So it was nice to get to try the Park Hyatt in Hamburg on vacation and despite my hugely hugh expectations, this hotel did not disappoint.

Staff were superb - friendly, helpful, and efficient.
Room was huge, with minimal lux furnishings. Bed was very comfortable, with good pillows. Nice sitting area in the window that was ideal for reading. Bathroom excellent, with a huge shower + rainshower. Only niggle there was the rain shower was close to the wall which had a small shelf (seat? ) on it - meant that it was hard to stand under the rainshower without leaning or sitting on this shelf. Maybe that is the point, but it wont suit everyone. L'Occitane products in the bathroom, which I love... Good wardrobe space, and a nice B+O tv.
We were travelling with our dog, and even she was looked after fabulously - small bed brought up for her, with a food and water bowl, along with organic dog biscuits (from the ingredients on the back, I was tempted to try them!) and even a bottle of Vittel, just in case the tap water wasnt quite good enough for the pooch... however, with a 35eur charge for the dog, you'd expect nothing less! This charge is on the high side relative to other hotels in this category.
Pool, spa and gym were also great. Gym has a power-plate machine which is a good feature. Pool area was very calming and a lovely place to chill out.

Our rate didnt include breakfast, and rather than pay the lumpy charge for that, we opted to pick up some breakfast (while walking the dog - I was out anyway after all) , which was a far cheaper option - there are a number of bakeries, cafes and so on nearby offering wide food selections.

Location is excellent - close to the main station, bus and u-bahn routes, and the main shopping streets. Parking however at the hotel is 28eur, and they park your car elsewhere for you - not ideal if you need to go back and forth to get things from it. Given that there is not a hotel car park, a better option is to park around 400m away in the DB-parking at the Hauptbahnhof - the car park Am Huhnerhof is only 4eur for 24 hours - a bargain in any city.

One negative - no free wireless. Its a bugbear of mine that expensive hotels feel they can charge such high rates for this - Andaz who are also part of Hyatt do not, and for Park Hyatt to charge, well its just annoying...

Although I used Hyatt gold passport points for this visit, I did check out the rates, and for the 250eur or so that seems to be the going rate, I would happily pay that - the hotel offers a lot for that price and I loved every moment of my stay there.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 June 2010

My son recommended this hotel in Hamburg and he was absolutely correct, this is THE place to stay in Hamburg. The location is right in the middle of the shopping district, a short two minute walk to the main train station and right next to the U (subway) station.

The hotel itself is absolutely impeccable in services, attention to detail and cleanliness. My room was furnished very nicely and the bathroom was spacious with a rainshower head.

I opted to pay a little extra for the concierge level which was well worth it. This floor level provides a wonderful breakfast in the morning and from 6-8 p.m. a very nice drinks and hors d'oeuvres selection, including drinks!

During the day they put out soft drinks, water and snacks which was very nice.

If you are staying in Hamburg, you will not be disappointed with this hotel and it would be a wonderful place for a solo traveler, couple or family.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 11 June 2010

My partner and I recently stayed at the Park Hyatt for two nights. We arrived early in the morning (9.30 am), checked-in and left our luggage in the store room with the bell captain. We returned later in afternoon and were given the keys to our room, where the luggage was already deposited. The room was quiet, spacious with discreet furniture (that means not nouveau-riche style), which is perfect to let your mind rest. Bathroom and toilet are separated from each other and all amenities were provided one would expect from a five star hotel. The room was very, very clean and turn-down service was provided as well. TV was a flat screen of B&O.

The breakfast buffet was just outstanding with so many items to choose from; I particularly enjoyed the mango juice. The staff is very friendly and helpful, they took our orders and brought the boiled eggs to our table exactly as we requested them. The service is so perfect that one does not even notice it. We thoroughly enjoyed our breakfast.

The location I would say is probably the best in Hamburg as it is right in the centre, you can reach many important sites by foot, except for the harbour-cruise area (St. Pauli), which can easly be reached by taxi (as we did) or by train (the central train station is only a stone's throw away).

We did not try the spa as we were busy exploring the city, but it seems to be beautiful as well. The concierge was also very helpful in recommending restaurants for dinner. We asked his opinion about the restaurants Vleet and Butcher's, which he recommended without hesitation, and indeed both of them were direct hits. The Butcher's is a beef restaurant, where you probably find the best meat in Germany (expect to end up with a bill of at least EUR 200 for two, but it is well worth it). We had lunch at the Vierjahreszeiten terrace, which was an absolute disaster, completely disorganised, all with temporary wokers. We waited one hour for a very simple dish and it was only brought to our table after I threatened them to leave without paying the bottle of wine which we had finished already at that time! So avoid that place unless you need an adrenalin rush.

In a nutshell: the hotel is excellent and the staff absolutely fabulous; we certainly would stay there again when returning to Hamburg.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple