“Amazing service and food in executive lounge”

Hamburg Marriott Hotel
Ranked #53 of 318 Hotels in Hamburg
Kolding, Denmark
“Amazing service and food in executive lounge”
Reviewed 30 March 2013 via mobile

Great location downtown Hamburg. We enjoyed a weekend here and used the lounge quite a bit - it is great!

The pool area and the fitness center are not the largest, but they suffice.

Parking around the hotel is free on weekends (from friday 1800), so you don't have to use the expensive garage.

Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Krakow, Poland
Reviewed 28 March 2013

The location of the hotel was unbeatable, close to every place in Hamburg you might want to go to. The room was very clean and modern. The hotel staff were very friendly and super nice, the staff arranged rides to the airport for free!

• Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
Toulouse, France
Reviewed 23 March 2013 via mobile

I recently stayed at the Marriott Hamburg together with a couple of (male) colleagues and what I experienced at the check in was really close to discrimination. The young lady informed me that there was now some kind of tourist tax and that she needed evidence that I was well on business and not staying there for leisure. She then immediately handed me over a form to be filled in and that had to be signed by one of my colleagues! By that time, my colleagues were proceeding with their check in and surprise surprise, none of them had to go through the same hassle as I did. Since I refused to fill in the paper and asked why none of my colleagues had to do so, she finally accepted a copie of my travel plan. Although the rest of my stay was quite nice, especially the evening at the excellent piano bar, I must admit that the poor service at check in really put me off of staying there ever again.

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank Flying_Marcy
Gloucestershire
Reviewed 16 March 2013

This hotel is centrally located and within easy walking distance of the centre of Hamburg. Most of shops around the hotel are expensive designer types, Prada, Chanel, Armani etc.

All the staff I encountered were very friendly and helpfulI, although not very knowledgeable about the local area, like, where places are, how to get there, what transport links are close by. I had to ask 5 different staff members where the nearest local supermarket is and nobody knew any resturants that served 'real' German food.
Perhaps these sort of things could be taught as part of their in-house training.

The room was, by European standards a good size, as I was a single traveller, the double room had plenty of draw/cupboard space, a good selection of lights around the room, bathroom fine. Bed was king sized and bedding was of good quality.
I was on the top floor and noise was never a problem.

As a previous traveller has said.

"TV was a major disappointment, the "English" channels they advertise turned out to be CNN, Bloomberg and BBC World, zero entertainment in English. This falls well below my expectations of a business hotel, I do expect there to be a couple of entertainment channels in English at least."

There was a fitness centre with a pool, but I didn't use any of them, so can't comment.

There was a refrigerator in the room, but it was empty. I used it to store locally bought bottles of water and beer. These were available at reception though if you wanted to pay their prices.

Wifi was included in my corporate rate, and worked ok on my phone, but they tried to charge me for it when I came to pay me bill. After pointing this out they deducted 56 Euro's !

Breakfast was good and unhurried, good selection of both English and continental styles, all on a help yourself basis, with omletes cooked by chef in front of you.
Didn't try any other meals in the hotel, but after looking around locally, found many resturants with a good variety of style's near by.

Overall I found this to be a reasonable 4 star hotel.
Let down a bit by the lack of British entertainment TV, It would have been nice to have had at least BBC1 and ITV1.
Also, if you are staying as a couple in the room, only one chair was provided.

Stayed for 13 nights in March 2013, travelled on business

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 15 March 2013

Hotel is located near enough town and a little away from all the noise and bustling city. Hamburg itself was may I say beautiful in every sense and the hotel stay was part of that memory. From the outlook of the hotel I thought it was a little aged but otherwise it was perfect. Stay was enjoyable as expected from marriot and their breakfast was one of the best I ever had in a Europe hotel. Variety was one of the best I have experienced.

Room was spacious and generous although a little old

Right out of the hotel, there are just shops everywhere. There is a supermarket less than 400 m from the hotel and restaurants are peppered along the lanes.

Short walk away is the lake and the train station... everything was just right a few steps away!

The only thing I have to comment is the front office desk during my check in. I was told to go to the next available desk and when I attempt to check in the man manning the desk say I was not first and want to serve the person behind me. The person behind me told the receptionist I was first and thus he went on to help me check in however with a rather impolite demeanour. It gave me a bad impression and I cannot help but thought it looks like a partial racism streak showing. For that I am not able to give excellent for the service despite otherwise everyone in the hotel was very polite.

1 Thank luxjingle
Vacaville, California
Reviewed 11 March 2013

This hotel is located right in the middle of the city; it's within walking distance of a lot of shopping and tourist attractions. The hotel is very well kept. Both the rooms and public areas were kept clean. I found the staff to be very helpful. They helped me find many things to do around. The concierge laughed at me when I asked about a store for Christmas ornaments, but he knew exactly where a store was!!

The spa & fitness room had adequate equipment for staying in shape.

I really enjoyed breakfast; there's a large selection of hot and cold items. Personally I loved having the smoked salmon with eggs. The dinner menu was okay, it doesn't have a lot of selection but there's enough of a variety.Dinner was okay; breakfast is definitely their best meal.

If I ever return to Hamburg I'll definitely stay here.

Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed 11 March 2013

Beautiful Hotel within a short walk to the Lake. Location is very good, though inset, with lots of shops around. The rooms are very cozy and quite big, breakfast is truly gastronomic, checkin is really smooth, and all the floor staff were really helpful. They have a great piano bar n the Lobby level and a very good piano player playing melodious oldies. The Central Staion is also a 15 minute walk. though the weather was freezing outside i had a very comfortable stay here. I would love to come back again at the Marriott.

Room Tip: Room 629 my room was excellent.