Hamburg Marriott Hotel
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$321
ARCOTEL Onyx(Hamburg)
US$141
  • Room Service
1,167 results
All reviewsthe executive loungepiano barlounge accessperfect locationwalking distanceking bedbreakfast buffetchristmas marketfree wifiper daybeautiful citycity hallvery nice hotelnon smokingthe room was niceshopping areaalster lake
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 7 July 2013

I have stayed at the Marriot numerous times; the last time being this June. It is clean, comfortable, and has a good breakfast. The rooms are well appointed and spacious. The pool is good, but the gym could be updated or expanded. The location is great and located in an area that is easy to walk around. Overall, my stays have always been good. I will continue to use this hotel as my main business destination for Hamburg.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 June 2013

I have stayed in this hotel many times due to work. I find the staff very helpful and easy to talk to, any issues are always sorted very quickly.

The food is very nice, that being for breakfast or for dinner.

The biggest issue I have is the lack of English TV channels, if you are happy to watch the news all the time, then you will be fine. This could be an issue created by the hotel or just the fact of the country I was in.

Other than that the city has a lot to go looking at.

Room Tip: The mini-bars have now been emptied, so to save your legs of having to go back out, if you want anything drinks/snacks wise in the room, buy it either from reception which is where the hotel shop now is or from a local shop near by.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 June 2013

We wanted to live in a nice hotel for some days to relax and explore Hamburg some more. First impression was great; the hotel staff handeled our luggage as soon as we arrived the entrance of the hotel, the receptionists were smiling and a staff member even guided us to the elevator in the lobby before we went up to our room (not because we couldn't find it and not because we asked for guidance). The room (the deluxe) was also absolutely up to par. Big, comfortable bed and a bath tub in the bathroom. The decor I would describe as traditional/ elegant. After about five minutes a polite staff member knocked on our door to ask if there was enough coffee/tea etc. in the room, which there was. The only slight inconvenience was the Internet which you can opt to access through the TV. This was not very functional, so we asked them to cancel this Internet-option and provide us with Wi-fi instead. This was not a problem, and we did not have to pay for the TV-Internet access. All in all, I would really recommend this hotel to anyone who would like to live in a nice, solid hotel very central in Hamburg.

Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 June 2013

A typical chain hotel but the service seems to be getting worse if this is now representative of Marriotts globally. The hotel itself is in a good location with easy access to the lake. Parking is available under the building and the rooms are reasonably large. That's where the good points end. Although the hotel is close to the lake, we couldn't find any decent little cafes for breakfast nearby. Our bed was incredibly hard and we found it difficult to get a good nights sleep. The service was rude and most staff barely spoke English. The "concierge" worked Bankers hours and would only answer the direct question asked to him (versus so many others we've interacted with over the last 3 weeks who have gone out of their way to be helpful and suggest things to us). The doormen do not help you out of the taxis; they simply stand and stare at you. The hotel is designed for smokers - smokers stand directly in front of the entrance so you can't enter without asking them to move. The breakfast area is in the bar which has windows open to the outside patio where more people are smoking (including cigars at all hours). The floors are supposed to be non-smoking but there are no labels stating this and clearly the person in the room next to us was smoking. Overall there are probably better options to consider in Hamburg.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 June 2013

Stayed for one night in an Executive Room (546) in the Marriott Hotel. While the room was ok, the services offered by the was ok, the services offered by the hotel were not adequate, at least not if I compare this to similar hotels elsewhere. There are basically two issues I complain about.
I was travelling with a colleague, who had forgotten his medication at home. Since a prescription was needed to purchase replacement medication in a pharmacy, we wanted to see a doctor. The hotel was not very helpful. Even though it was only 17:30 on a Wednesday, they could not give us any advise or even arrange for an appointment to see a doctor. When I expressed my surprise about the fact that they do not have an arrangement with a doctor or not even know a general practitioner, I was told that such request by guests are usually not made and if it is very urgent, they would call an emergency doctor. So, me and my colleague were more or less on our own and spent almost 3 hours finding a doctor to get the medication needed. It is not that I complain about the availability of a doctor, but the attitude of the reception staff, that was completely unable to provide any support in this situation. That was a new experience to me. I had been in situations where I had to see a doctor in other hotels. This was typically handled in a much more efficient and helpful way.
The other issue is related to the room location. When I checked in at around 16:00, I was told my room was not ready yet. I was therefore given an alternative room facing the entry of the Executive lounge. If you want to sleep longer than 06:00 in the morning, make sure you have a different room, because this is the time when the service staff starts making noise inside the kitchen of the lounge.
I stayed in Marriott hotels more often in earlier years and am still a member of their loyalty program. However, I do not think that I would once more like to stay in this hotel or recommend it.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business