“Perfect location in city centre”

Hamburg Marriott Hotel
Ranked #48 of 321 Hotels in Hamburg
Reviewed 29 August 2013 via mobile

Stayed here earlier this week on business. Couldn't be any more in the centre so location wise it's perfect. Room was large. Nice desk and chair. King size bed. Nice bathroom. All clean and tidy with a safe and a fridge in the room. No mini bar. They have a self service shop for snacked and drinks in reception.
Down side. Restaurant was extremely expensive. That bad I didn't see anyone eat there at all during my stay. Room service menu was just as bad.
Wifi was 20 euros for 24 hours. In this day and age can't believe it wasn't free. And that's per device. So if u have a laptop. iPad and iPhone. It's 60 pound!
And I couldn't believe when I checked out it was 220 euros a night. Luckily work was paying as I wouldn't pay that myself that's for sure.
If work are paying- then it's a great hotel.
If you're paying, maybe worth finding a deal else where.
Can't knock the hotel. Just the cost.

• Stayed: August 2013
Write a ReviewReviews (1,125)

Reviewed 26 August 2013

The Marriot in Hamburg is in an excellent area of the central district. We really enjoyed our three night stay, plenty of restaurants to choose from near by, the suite we stayed in was a good size, clean and comfortable. It was lovely to use the pool, which is a good size. The staff are extremely efficient from housekeeping to front desk staff.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 July 2013

We had been for few Days in Hamburg and it was very nice Trip there. We like this Mariott Hotel in Hamburg. There was a real and friendly Guestservice. We enjoyed our short Trip there and also our Friends, who have been there too, did say, that it is a good Hotel. Standard Room was cosy and all was clean. Bathroom fully good. There was Breakfast buffet with good things and a tasty Choice of hot Beverages too.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 July 2013

Stayed for 6 nights here with glorious weather to boot. Hotel staff are adequately efficient and the rooms are typically Marriottesque. Many charming shops, designer boutiques and art galleries dot the ABC strasse which make interesting window peeking whilst walking down the street. The huge twin marble rock installation in front of the hotel looks like a piece of stonehenge with a fountain running through it. The pool is small and the parking rates are exorbitant. The hotel recommended a great pizza place opposite the Hamburg State Opera which was fantastic and Gansemarkt is quirky. A boat ride on the Alster is highly recommended and dont miss the ice-cream stand opposite the Nivea building.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 July 2013

We were placed at this location for a convention and the choice could not have bene better. We were close to great attractions, shopping and restaurants. The staff was proficient in English which was perfect, since my German is less than rusty. The rooms were clean, comfortable and our home away from home for 10 days. I would have like to have free wi-fi in a place other than the lobby area as it was a bit congesteed with a full hotel, but this will not stop me from coming back again!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 July 2013

I have stayed at the Marriot numerous times; the last time being this June. It is clean, comfortable, and has a good breakfast. The rooms are well appointed and spacious. The pool is good, but the gym could be updated or expanded. The location is great and located in an area that is easy to walk around. Overall, my stays have always been good. I will continue to use this hotel as my main business destination for Hamburg.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 June 2013

I have stayed in this hotel many times due to work. I find the staff very helpful and easy to talk to, any issues are always sorted very quickly.

The food is very nice, that being for breakfast or for dinner.

The biggest issue I have is the lack of English TV channels, if you are happy to watch the news all the time, then you will be fine. This could be an issue created by the hotel or just the fact of the country I was in.

Other than that the city has a lot to go looking at.

Room Tip: The mini-bars have now been emptied, so to save your legs of having to go back out, if you want anyt...