“Excellent”

Ranked #53 of 318 Hotels in Hamburg
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Excellent”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2014

Stayed at this hotel for 3 nights over new year with my husband and 15 year old daughter, could not fault it . Very good staff, large clean rooms breakfast plentiful and lots of choice. In a great location. a good plus was free internet connection for my daughter this was a god send.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Boulder
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 January 2014

Stayed here for two nights to celebrate New Year. The hotel is average middle to high end Marriott. We had a room with access to the executive lounge which made a huge difference, breakfast and snacks and a cozy spot to warm up in between shopping trips. Turn down service was nice. Only issues: room was not ready and staff was not in a hurry to speed up the process or trouble shoot. I had to suggest they give me at least access to the lounge so we could rest a bit after a long drive to HH. Was told there no dinner reservations at all at any area restaurants for New Years, we found one in two minutes walking distance.. All the staff is very friendly, the proverbial "extra mile" is missing to make this a great place. But I would stay here again!

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the court yard, and I would pay for the upgrade to the executive floor.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank ocean35
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 December 2013

We were only there for one night before new year, all in all had a very nice stay - bed was very comfortable, rooms were clean, staff were friendly. I find additional charge for in room wifi a little unnecessary. I guess that is partially our own fault, should have read the fine prints before booking. Lack of attention for details a bit disappointing, e.g. the drinking water cooler was empty at the swimming pool/sauna, and we can't find any slippers or bath robe in our closet.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Lawrence, Kansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 December 2013

The Marriott is located in a very quiet location that gives one the feeling being in your own little neighborhood! The staff were wonderful!! The bar area is wonderful for everything from coffee to food!! The bar staff were amazing!! The reason for so much bar talk is that WiFi is free in the common areas!! So to check email, etc., we would go there for coffee, snacks and wine in the afternoon! The breakfast is great, all you could ask for!! We we would stay here again!!

Room Tip: Our room was on the street side and was very quiet!!
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Bridgetown
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 December 2013

I was in Hamburg on business and stayed in the Executive Lounge.Room fantastic, Executive dining area very convenient. Hotel located it the center of everything, shopping, dining and sight seeing..I found the staff to be very helpful and they spoke excellent English

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Newport Beach, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 December 2013

I've stayed at most of the major Hamburg hotels over the last 15 years.. Radisson Blue, Renaissance, Kompenski etc.. The Marriott is always my go and I'm rarely disappointed.

The Marriott is located at Gansa Market area which is near to the Alster lakes.. Everything you need... shopping, restaurants, bars etc are just a short walk. The U2 U-Bahn is 50m away..

If you drive into the downtown part of hamburg (neustadt area) or anywhere in hamburg you know it's always a challenge as it is in many old cities.. Use your GPS and be patient and avoid the peak traffic.. There is a decent amount of parking underground at the hotel (28e a day so it's pricey but parking is at all the hotels.. If you are coming to Hamburg and don't require the use of a car take a taxi from the airport is always my recommendation.

Rooms are nice, typical Marriott style.. You love it or hate it.. I'm fine with it.. Friendly and helpful staff..

The restaurant isn't my favorite. The evening menu is a little fussy and pricy, I rarely see to many people eating there. so hopefully they will change that and go to more broad menu.. However the bar has sandwiches, burgers and a few items so I'd usually eat there.. however there are many other restaurants in the area.

Wifi is decent but as typical in Europe never included in room...

In short it's a good hotel with few bad surprises.. I'll continue to stay here repeatedly. .

Room Tip: The inside rooms facing the center sometimes are a bit noisy with deliveries in the early morning...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Carmarthen
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 December 2013 via mobile

My family and I stayed for a week to visit the Christmas markets. Our room was ok but a bit warm down and the air con kept the room far too warm making sleeping very uncomfortable other than that everything was ok. That was till after we tried to check out, we asked if it was possible to get a late check out we where only allowed 2pm my grandmother (a fluent German speaker) asked in German for her own rooms late check out and was allowed a 3pm check out which was in direct contradiction to what I was told at the desk ....

Stayed December 2013, travelled with family