“Excellent in many ways”

Hamburg Marriott Hotel
Ranked #50 of 321 Hotels in Hamburg
Reviewed 12 November 2010

This is a very well maintained hotel. I found the rooms clean and practical. Everything is in the right place and works fine. Service is professional and efficient.
Only drawback is that the hotel seems to be favored by business travelers so it can easily get busy in the lobby and bar. Not recommended for romantic gate aways.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled on business

Reviewed 7 October 2010

Just returned from a one night stay at the Hamburg Marriott Hotel where I was staying on business to attend a conference. Everything was fine until I woke up to find I had been sleeping with bed bugs. I was checking out anyway but informed the staff and they kindly cancelled my bill but I have unfortunately had a reaction to the bites on my arms and legs, which are now covered in blisters. I travel on business all year, most weeks and this is the first time I have encountered this problem. But I will be looking for the signs from now on and so should you!

This is not a "rant" against the hotel who were most apologetic but they now have to get room 251 treated (I am sure they will). I just want to make sure anyone staying at this hotel in the next few days looks carefully at their room. I hope I was just unfortunate and that by publicising this event, the hotel will definitely take action and so will you to make sure you do not have the discomfort I have today.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 September 2010

The location of Marriott Hamburg Hotel is very convenient for a short trip in Hamburg, the main tourist attraction of the city are in a walk distance from the Hotel. There are as well two subways stations very close to the Hotel. Marriott Hamburg Hotel is located in a very nice residential area of Hamburg Neustadt not far from shopping areas and restaurants.
Staff is very friendly, the concierge was very helpful given recommendations and booking restaurants.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 24 August 2010

Hotel is in a great location at Gänsemarkt. The room was nice but service not too Marriott standard. The room was not ready at 3pm. We were called back at around 4 and had to wait. As a silver member i requested late checkout at 1pm. Still, the maid came twice in the morning trying to make up the room. Also, the porter was not as polite as you should expect from Marriott. Tv is hard to put into normal mode. They try to make you order pay tv. Piano bar only has a player once a week! Pool and sauna were nice. Room clean. I payed 109 euros for twin room so for that rate i would still return.

• Stayed: August 2010
1  Thank Countrybob
Reviewed 11 August 2010

One of the best hotels, I have been at. And I have been at many. We mostly do 4 star plus hotels, and this one is really in the top of that range. Location is absolutely perfect for a City break. It is basically as central as you can get. Secondly, we travelled with small children, and they just loved running around the room. We may have been somewhat positively influenced by the upgrade to a bigger family room, but anyway it was the best family room we have ever had. Our small kids of 1 and 3 could just run around while we could sit and relax. Staff was excellent, breakfast buffet one of the best around and the swimming pool nice and bright. We are going to visit the hotel again in October. We will be coming back many times, as long as they keep this level of standard. Maybe I will be a little less enthusiastic next time, where we will probably be in a standard room, but even then, I think that this hotel will rank in the top of my recommendation list.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 August 2010

I visited Hamburg with several friends for one weekend in July. We we looking for a central location to stay and booked the Marriott Hamburg in the ABC Strasse. The hotel is great, location is perfect. The staff at the hotel were very friendly staff and gave us plenty of advices on places to eat, sightsee, etc. I would definitely recommend.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 July 2010

Great hotel, great location, great staff... just great.

Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family