“don't waste your time and your money thete”

Hotel Atlantic Kempinski Hamburg
Ranked #22 of 321 Hotels in Hamburg
Reviewed 3 November 2012

The service is poor for this kind of hotel. I booked a suite and I got no special attention of any kind. The first night I let a glass a Champagne in the bathroom and the next evening it was still there. They let the cheap champagne that they "offered" to us open more than day! This hotel is not a palace who charge you the price of a palace. You book a suite more than 1000 Euros the night and when you check in there is nobody to show you your room, you have to find it yourself like in a regular hotel (but you don't pay the price of a regular hotel...). And don't expect any attention in your own language if you are not German or if you don't speak english. Don't even expect a single welcome note in your own language, it seems they don't have this kind of "spectaculars things" in their computers....

And I don't even talk about the awful deco of the room that represent itself the maximum of bad taste that you can find in a hotel. Have a look to the pictures that I've posted and make your own opinion about it.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
9  Thank bellifontain
AtlanticKempinski, Manager at Hotel Atlantic Kempinski Hamburg, responded to this reviewResponded 9 November 2012

Dear guest,

We appreciate your honest feedback and would like to thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay at the Hotel Atlantic Kempinski Hamburg.

Your obvious dissatisfaction grieves us, especially since you complain about some of our very basic and self-evident services with which we guarantee highest Kempinski standards. I truly regret that you did not feel comfortable and missed an adequate attention during and after your check-in.

Although we are, thanks to our multilingual staff, nearly always able to communicate with guests from other countries in their language, we write - responding to our worldwide Kempinski standards - our personal welcome cards basically in German or English.

We would like to apologize for any inconvenience you had and assure you that we consider your feedback as opportunity to improve our service in order to satisfy our guests the best we can. To improve continuously is our highest demand.

the Atlantic Management

Reviewed 3 October 2012

We loved our stay at this beautiful hotel and didn't want to leave anymore! The room and view on the Alster are amazing, staff is extremly friendly and helpful and the food at the hotels chinese restaurant tsao yang is outstanding!! I couldn't tell a single negative word about the "atlantic"!

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed 2 October 2012

Recently I stayed in Hamburg, Germany for 3 days. When my business was completed I decided to take my first bus tour of a city. What a surprise when the bus stopped across the street from my hotel to tell tourists about the filming of a James Bond movie at the hotel I was staying in. Only 2 rooms on the front of this hotel have balconies that face the water. My room turned out to be the same room 007 was filmed in! Nice. I recommend the bus tour as well, you will see Hamburg completely anew from simply walking the street scape.

Room Tip: Balconies exist on all of their rooms facing the courtyard too. These are at the back of the hotel w...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 September 2012

I stayed two nights in his hotel in a room they told me it is classic room but it something like cave or room in hospital i think it is staff house, room very old and tired may be from the 60th I arrived late to the hotel after a long trip and I have to stay on it because as they told me they are fully booked so I slept but I had to wake up early because there was no curtains or black out in the room so light was every where and when I told them that this room is not on the website,they said that We don't sell this room!!!! Any way at the end they refund 50% from the room rate excluded the breakfast may I saved for my company who paid my business trip but the bad memory will remain for me.

Stayed: September 2012
8  Thank sahalim
AtlanticKempinski, Web & eCommerce Coordinator at Hotel Atlantic Kempinski Hamburg, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2012

Dear guest,

It’s my personal and very honest concern to let you know how sorry we feel about your experience at the Hotel Atlantic Kempinski Hamburg during your recent stay.

Understanding your anger at the standard of the Classic Room, I would like to explain the following: there are still some rooms that have not been renovated yet, therefore every online provider or travel agent is bound to clarify – before booking – the exact conditions. Although only few online providers rent these Classic Rooms at a very low price, this is, for sure, no sufficient excuse for your disappointed experience.

I very much regret that, in your case, you have not been informed properly, especially since transparency is one of our most important claims. Please let me emphasize how sorry we feel about all that. If you should ever decide to give us a second chance and to try one of our new rooms (now that we finally completed the renovation) we would be happy to take this opportunity to satisfy your expectations the best we can.

Best regards,
Felix

Reviewed 19 September 2012

I booked a single room for business trip on 19 - 21 September 2012, I checked in at 2 am and when I arrived the room, I found it for the staff of the hotel, not guest room!!!!!!!!!!! even there was some staff still enjoying the night beside the room!!! I called the reception and the lady said, sorry we are fully booked!! sorry this is not accepted and no body informed me that the hotel is fully booked and you will have a sheaty room!
I couldn't make check out same time, because it was too late to find another hotel!! this morning I will find a better hotel can treat me well!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
9  Thank HatemAloul

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review on your recent experience and giving us your frank feedback.

Unfortunately, we have to admit that you were very unhappy and disappointed about your recent stay in September 2012. Please believe me when I say that we are truly sorry about this, and please let me try to clarify the situation.

It is a fact that there are still some rooms that have not been renovated yet. For this reason, those online providers that rent these rooms are obliged to explain exactly the conditions to the client. These Classic Rooms are rented at a very low price but this is, for sure, no sufficient excuse for your bad experience. If we would not have been fully booked that day, we certainly would have offered you a better category.

Understanding your anger at not having been informed properly in advance, I want to say sorry for this missing transparency. Please allow me to remark that in case you may think about visiting us again one day, we would be glad to take that second chance to offer you the high comfort of our new rooms and to satisfy your expectations the best we can.

Best regards,
Felix

Reviewed 18 September 2012

The room was really nice and newly renovated. It was classy modern just the right type for me. The lobby was great. The bar lounge was perfect for late tea, coffee and soft drinks. Of course not to forget the serene view of the lake.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 September 2012

In February I was lucky enough to score a "sales" deal at the classy Hotel Atlantic on the Alster in Hamburg. I must say that if you get a "sales" deal the hotel represents excellent value; it is enormously classy and elegant. Service comes in a typical Hanseatic fashion, professional and slightly understated. Location is great with walking distance to the Hauptbahnhof and Lange Reihe, a famous entertainment strip with great eateries and cafes. I will keep my eyes and ears open for another sales deal.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo