Overall this hotel was ideal as a base for our 3-day city break of Hamburg.
First of all the positives:
1.The location is excellent. We flew from the UK to Hamburg, at the airport we took the S1 to the Hauptbahnhof then the U3 to St Pauli and it is a 5 minute walk to the hotel.
2. The room was clean, good shower, comfortable bed and the contiinental style buffet available (7.50 Euros) was just what we needed to start the day.
The not so good:
1. We ordered a non-smoking room but on arrival the room reeked of smoke, we asked to change but there were no alternative rooms available.
2. The room had all the basic needs but no tea/coffee making facility or notepad/pencil.
3. There are currently some renovations taking place (December 2012) which were at times noisy.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Novum Hotel Holstenwall is centrally located in Hamburg, close to the jetties, harbor and town center. The hotel is characterized by a beautiful facade that is a listed building. Go exploring in the Portuguese quarter and discover the maritime atmosphere of the harbor. The park planet and Blomen opens in the summer light water games. Near the hotel is the Bismarck Memorial, St. Michaelis Church, the Reeperbahn, Grosse Freiheit and the Hamburg Cathedral, which attracts a large audience each year. The musical Phantom of the Opera, which is currently in Hamburg, ensures the best evening entertainment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Priceline, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HRS, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Novum Hotel Holstenwall Hamburg Neustadt reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Select Hotel Hamburg