“good starting point to explore surroundings”
Review of Commodore

Commodore
Ranked #169 of 321 Hotels in Hamburg
Reviewed 23 September 2011

I've stayed at this hotel on the way to Liverpool for the festival on Matthew Street travelling with the fans of Beatles from Russia.
From the point of view of the traveler, who is explorering places of glory of the British FAB, it is the best location. In the heart of Hamburg, just 5 minutes walk from the Metro St. Pauli (U-Bahn St. Pauli 300 m) and the district Reeperbahn (450 m), and to the museum Beatlemania about 1 km, in general, the most famous attractions within walking distance. Unfortunately I didn't see other rooms, and can only say about mine - it was quite small with a compact bathroom. I had all I needed but I'd like to have the tea-making facilities in the room.
At lobby you can use Wi-Fi for free.
I think, the hotel can be considered as a good starting point to explore surroundings, especially those who following the Beatles.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled solo

Reviewed 31 July 2011

i had stayed at this hotel 2 years before for bussiness.The location is absolutely perfect the rooms are very very nice.You are in the heart of hamburg all the shops are near you dont want anything else...

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business
2  Thank vangel1981
Reviewed 1 November 2009

Easily one of the most charmless hotels I've ever had the misfortune to stay in - staff are totally clueless and insist you come to reception with your passport if you want internet access - lights in bathrooms seem to be on permanent on and phone in the first freezing room I was offered didn't work... If you want to feel as depressed as I do - check into this unloved, uncaring, graceless dump. Nil points

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled on business
2  Thank Trojan H
Reviewed 12 April 2008

The Hotel Commodore is an excellent hotel, a couple of friends and I stayed here for five nights over the New Year period.

Our room was a real nice size, and was very clean; the bathroom was also a nice size and was absolutely spotless. We had a fridge in our room too which was awesome, so we could chill some drinks for the New Year celebrations.

The staff were incredibly helpful and friendly, and always welcomed us with a smile. The Hotel's free WIFI worked very well in our ground floor room too.

The Hotels location is excellent; it is in the St. Pauli area of Hamburg, and the nearby Reeperbahn which is an awesome area for nightlife. Also this hotel is right next to the show ground where three times a year a huge funfair is held for about a month, this is called the Hamburg DOM.

When I return to Hamburg, I will defiantly consider staying in the commodore again.

• Stayed: January 2008, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 18 June 2007

Stayed in this hotel for 2 nights, it was a single room with 2 single beds pushed together. location was v good, near (but not too near) the reeperbahn and train stations etc

Rooms were basic, clean, no air conditioning, i felt the towels in the bathroom were too small and very thin, the toiletries in the room were the type you just press the button and some green stuff comes out, same as any public loo really, thought it could had have a more personal touch for the toiletries, no bath but there was a shower but it was one with no glass wall, just consisted of a sheet hanging off a rail, which really was annoying. The main room then had cream walls which were definetely in need of a good painting. Breakfast was included in the room and there was plenty on offer, except for when there were no cups or knives available, the staff were helpful and did get us one though, they should be keepingin an eye on it really.

overall it was basic, clean, v good location, I dont think I got full value for money but it was fine for 2 nights

• Stayed: June 2007, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 July 2006

We have rated the commadore hotel terrible but thats really too good for it! The first room we were put in was dirty and the smell of stale tobacco smoke made me wretch. The staff were very reluctant to change the room, even though they had others available. The hotel is very run down. only one lift in a big hotel, we had to wait endlessly every time. The hotel didnt appear to be cleaned regularly, we stayed 2 nights and the same food debri was on the dinning room floor the whole time of our stay. Very limited breakfast, little choice left if you were not early. The staff very unhelpfull and arrogant. The rooms we were in were not cleaned during our stay and the towels were not change. Would not recomend this hotel!

• Stayed: July 2006, travelled with friends
1  Thank sadi
A TripAdvisor Member
London
Reviewed 18 June 2006

On booking I explained that there were eight peoplewho needed to stay for two nights, but there might be more to add later. They said no problem, they had family rooms with space to put in two extra beds in each if needed and we could let them know on arrival. Hence why the rate per room was high.

I booked four double/family rooms for two nights from the uk, they sent me a booking form for one night. I explained the error in emails and I asked them to resend the booking, they said dont worry they would write on the form it was for two nights and that was actually what the booking had been made for on their records.

I was concerned but after a lot (and I do mean a lot) of phone calls and emails they assured me we had the rooms for two nights etc.

On checking in they confirmed the rooms were booked for two nights. The family rooms had twin beds wedged into the smallest space possible, no exagerattion there wasn't even space to stand up anywhere in the rooms without being pinned by the ankles by the bed. With no floor space for cases. Everyone in our group was so polite that we couldn't be bothered to cause a fuss and check in at another hotel.

They actually had us booked in for one night (we fortunatley found rooms in 5 star plaza thanks to Amex) but waited until the next day to tell us so they could get money for the first night and we didn't check in elsewhere from the start.

• Stayed: May 2006