“great location”
Review of Centro Hotel Eden

Centro Hotel Eden
Ranked #255 of 319 Hotels in Hamburg
Reviewed 20 May 2011

just stayed at this hotel for 3 nights may16-19th.The location is great for visiting hamburg as it is a 5 min walk from the central station.I had a single room with shared bathroom facilites.Although the single was a little small,it was very clean,and the bathroom was never occupied when i went to use it.The breakfast included in my rate(45euro per night)was good and had coffee,tea,meats,bread,rolls fruit.The only bad thing about the location is that prostitues hang around outside,but they dont hassle you and to best honest it didnt bother me,although i can imagine if you had kids with you it might be awkward.If require any more info on this hotel,,you can messge me and ill try and help..i would recommend this hotel without a doubt...

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled solo
There are newer reviews for Centro Hotel Eden

Reviewed 16 December 2010

Having just returned from a short stay at the Hotel Eden, I can only say it was one of the most enjoyable hotel experiences in Hamburg for a long time.
The room was spotless and comfortable, the breakfast was enjoyable,a big thank you to all the staff, nothing was too much trouble.
As previous posters have stated it's a very close walk to both the train & bus stations, and very central to Hamburg city centre. I would recommend this to any open minded person, If you're looking for faults, I'm sure you'll find them, I'm already looking forward to my next visit .

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled on business
4  Thank GlasgowHSV
Reviewed 24 November 2010

I booked this hotel because of it's proximity to the main station, just a few minutes walk, but far enough that it is quiet.
So you are in a location that as it all. Walk a couple blocks and you are in a high end eatery area, walk a couple blocks in the opposite direction and it is all local "dive bars"
But no worries, the hotel is in a great spot that just seems to border to totally different types of areas. I walked all over at night and found it to be a great place to grab a couple pints. The hotel was kind of traditional looking in a good way, great free breakfast and staff that was very friendly and willing to map out sights that were on my list , as well as suggest a few others. My room was small but big enough, not much of a view from my room, clean bathroom and room,
The great thing about its location to the central station is that all the S-bahn and U-bahn also leave out of this station so you can just grab a ticket and go.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 31 March 2010

Stayed for one night at the Eden Hotel Hamburg which is across the road from hamburg Main Railway Station.
Managed to check in at 1030 in the morning after early flight from Stansted which was a bonus, so had some shut eye before going out for the afternoon and evening.
Comfortable room, twin beds, very clean and tidy.
Breakfast buffet style with loads to typical German food, enough to make rolls to go, as you do.
Free computer / internet in the lobby was nice touch.
Handy for Markthalle Music venue the other side of the station.
Would stay again anytime.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 June 2009

I have stayed in this hotel the first half of June. My company reserved it for me thus everything was payed. This was my first visit of Hamburg and I must say honestely that the hotel is located in a street where you can get everything for money. Its neer the main train station and not good location for family with kids. The room was clean but very old and small. Breakfast average but reception staff not very helpful and proffesional. I recommend this hotel as a very last option!!!!!! I didnt even realise that hotels of this type can stay in bussines!!!

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled on business
2  Thank traveltheworldPrague
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 7 November 2005

I stayed in Eden hotel the first weekend in November. We had trouble finding a room due to a big boatshow, but found this on a German reservation system called HRS.
We got a big room on the 3rd floor, with a extra sofabed. The room had a tv with german channels + CNN. Bathroom was ok, and very clean.
The hotel itself is very quiet, no noise at all from the hall or other rooms. We had a bit of trouble sleeping due to the traffic and noise outside, but that might been solved if we closed the windows. As we are Norwegian we like to get the air in, so we suffered the noise.
Breakfast was simple but ok, with rolls, ham, cheese, yoghurt, cornflakes. The staff was friendly and the location was very good, just next to Hauptbahnhof. The area is not so good to wander the streets at night, but just opposite the central station were the shopping area. I think this hotel was ok for the money, and will consider staying there again.

• Stayed: November 2005
16  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
New York, USA
Reviewed 31 March 2004

I have stayed at this hotel approximately 15 times. All of the staff are very friendly, the rooms are very reasonably priced (65 Euros/$80) for a single room with toilet, shower, writing desk, phone, cable TV and windows that open. A buffet breakfast is included form 6-10am. I have checked out before 6am a few times and they went out of their way to have breakfast prepared for me anyway. A safe deposit box is available at the front desk free of charge. The Eden is 1 block away from the Central Train Station and the Airport Bus, just off Kirchanalee Street. If you stay at the Eden, don't be put off by some of the prostitutes who work in the streets near the hotel. For the price, location and friendly staff I feel that this is one of the better bargain hotels in Hamburg.

• Stayed: May 2004